Combat. Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bizteck, May 4, 2017.

1. Bizteck Private

One thing I find very fustraitrating is charging onto combat.

On the tabletop as long as I have the movement I can choose which side to engage but in game the AI decides where you stand and inevitably it choses to a position that blocks the rest of your warband !

Perfect example was my last game my warband was sneaking along a wall. While my leader sneaked around the wall using his longer movement. My plan was to hide get as close as I could to the ranged enemy and then multicharge them.

Their leader moved fwd and I charged my leader at him I had loads of movement but it would only allow me to engage on the side and blocked the rest of my men from crossing the wall. They then wasted 2 /3 turnes going the long way round while my leader was in a slugfest. And of course had no support to protect him from range when he finally dispatched his combatant.

I took a narrow victory where I believe I should of smashed them with no losses.

Another thing would be an option to delay my turn I sometimes have a situation where I wiuld like delay using a guy .....perhaps to allow him to get the kill or allow another plr just get out of his danm way. I wouldnt mind a sys if I could take a dely once a turn but that character then would go very last for example ?

Either way still loving it just cant get to play as often as I want...too much 'life' goung on atm
  2. OverWatch

Thanks for the feedback Bizteck!

If your units or your opponents units are in close proximity it's likely they can block off a section, especially if they're in a tight area. It seems like you got yourself into an unfortunate situation but gladly they were no casualties ;) (not on your end by the sounds of things anyway)

Not sure I fully understand what you mean by the Delay System, but would be interested to know more about your idea. Do you mean you'd like to be able to skip your turn? If so you're able to do that! Please correct me if I haven't got the gist of what you was saying...

Glad you're still enjoying your time testing though, but don't worry about not being able to jump in as much as you'd like to. Life gets a bit crazy sometimes so we can fully understand why you haven't been as active!

Just so you know worldwide release is extremely close.
  3. Bizteck Private

Another issue.....Ive noticed the first round deployment can leave a lot to be desired. Low initiative players are deployed blocking higher initiative ones. Yesterday I had one character completly miss its first turn as it was blocked by other character's. I had to move then and then on round two in other games their first round movement is severely restricted.
  4. OverWatch

Can you point out situations like this with a screenshot if it happens again, please? That would help us a great deal being able to see exactly where the units have been deployed!