Voluntarily Foregoing Hiding

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by morjax, Sep 6, 2016.

1. morjax

In some limited cases, I'd like to be able to choose not to hide, even if I move half (blue) movement and end in cover. For example, if I'm trying to pull fire to a sacrificial sturdy unit, or to bring the AI's attention a certain direction with other units hiding. I haven't generally needed it, but there have been a few cases where I thought "Wouldn't it be nice if I didn't have to hide?"

I know that in almost all cases, this would just cause another click for most users (because almost every time, hiding is a benefit), but sometimes it's a tactical advantage to leave one or two unit's arse flapping in the breeze... Perhaps in order to prevent extra work for most users in most situations, there would be a special icon to move without hiding (instead of not hiding being the default)?
    OverWatch likes this.
  2. OverWatch

I can definitely see where you're coming from with this... And although It's not something I've ever thought of personally I quite like the idea. As you've said, in some instances you won't want to hide and you may want to use one of your other units as "bait".

Cool idea. Some times people aren't even aware that they're hiding, so it might make more sense for the player to have a button they can press to hide... Rather than being forced into it straight away. Just an idea any way!
  3. morjax

As I said, I think that upwards of 90% of the time, the right choice is to hide, so I envision NOT hiding to be the optional action, but I think we're on the same page. Here's hoping for this in a future patch to expand our tactical options ;)
    OverWatch likes this.
  4. Tykkefar Private

Just found this thread and I whole-heartedly agree with Morjax. I would like to be able to use one of my guys as bait for especially archers, but sometimes thar is impossible while moving in cover because of the auto-hide feature.
    It's a minor thing, but it would be nice of it could become voluntary.
    Lem213 likes this.
  5. morjax

Yes, re-ping for a voluntary non-hide. Go forth, hired sword minion! I "guarantee" your safety is important to me!