PARDOLEOPARDO
Last activity:
Jun 9, 2020
Birthday:
January 13
NON-PRACTISING LAWYER..LAZY DILETTANTE,MAYBE?

Share This Page

PARDOLEOPARDO

Private, Male, from MADRID

PARDOLEOPARDO was last seen:
Jun 9, 2020
    1. There are no messages on PARDOLEOPARDO's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    January 13
    NON-PRACTISING LAWYER..LAZY DILETTANTE,MAYBE?
    Hi there! My name is Jesús Pardo, I come from Madrid, Spain. I am writing to you as respectfully and humbly as I can in order to ask for your permission to join this forum, as it looks not only vital, in the long run, in order to survive in this City of the Damned, but also fascinating and quite entertaining to read.
    Also, as I had never played Mordheim before, just skimmed the manual -which is slightly different from the rules of this conversion-, and I remember having played, and lost to a cleverer opponent- one match of a more or less similar game -Necromunda-, so I am somehow thirsty for knowledge and camaraderie.

I am also almost completely new to this wonderful conversion of Mordheim, having played it for something like one or two months in a row, almost daily and quite cautiously, at least after seeing how close it was to GW's games, being so easy to get scarred and having decided not to pay to win, at any time, and -hopefully- not even paying for the expansions...yes, I am an old-timer, somehow resilient, gamer from the 80's and 90's, patience over purchasing power... Not that I am completely surprised with the degree of accuracy and skill level needed to master this conversion of Mordheim, but I expected it to have more minor flaws, not such a well crafted "app"...I love it, I find it almost perfect and delightfully close to a nightmare in its atmosphere, it even reminds me of A Journal of the Plague Year, but Defoe...It has made my confinement in Spain much softer...a relieve from the real plague, imagining Mordheim's sickly streets, cemeteries and semi-abandoned buildings...

Regarding my, still short experience here, in Mordheim, I have just experimented, without cash I must say -and no real intention to do so- with some half-suicidal, half-coward Reikland Mercenary bands: Los Pardos de la Muerte, Spartak de Puerto Hurraco, Linx Pardinus simple test, Prueba -test, in Spanish- and, lately, Linx Pardinus -Iberian Linx, a feline species in extinction, probably an apt choosing for an environment like Mordheim?-.

I am a bit old, maybe, for gaming, but anyway...my -not very serious- experience in similar games started after becoming 8 years old and discovering computer wargames like Desert Rats -played on a Spectrum ZX +2, with 128Kb- and similar games from the 80's, and a bit of turn-based games like CIV I and II, Colonization, Panzer General and so on...later I started playing board games and rarities like the gorgeous Battlemaster in 1992 or so and just a bit of Hero Quest and Stellar Crusade, if I remember well, and a bit of Warhammer 40K around 1995 with some friends from the school..Later, I discovered Warhammer Fantasy around 1996 and, as some friend had already chosen the Empire, I had to chose other army, he told me about some strange"rats" who, somehow, managed to bring their "god" into battle, and who were probably the craziest -tough not looniest- and funniest creatures in Warhammer Fantasy, but I liked a lot that they were somehow clever plotters like Thanquol and also quite cruel, sharp-minded and, somehow, exotic and innovative in their "artistic" approach to war, fighting and, well..thoruoghly professional in murdering and controlling their enemies...yes, I have loved Skaven since then..it was the 4th Edition of Warhammer Fantasy and, though we -me and my friends from school, I mean- do not play anymore -sniff- I miss it so much that I had to try this conversion, in spite of so much work and study which would be -and has been- thrown overboard in the attempt to understand the subtle mechanics of this game...Tough, no matter how hard I try, I feel like my old sneaky friends have some advantages over my -quite unbalanced and green, yet- mercenary band, and I start fearing that most, or even all other bands are simply not good enough for them...One more thing, if you concede me the time, as I feel I am writing too long a message for introducing myself: I somehow have felt the need to come here, as the game's wiki is not complete enough as to enjoy the game...and for the sake of improving the -still meagre- chances of my band of scared mercenaries surviving in Mordheim more or less unscathed...Yes, this is more or less a distress call to the members of this forum, if you want to put it this way, specially realizing how much my old friends from the Eshin clan have developed their abilities...Nevertheless, my "honor" and some degree of cruelty, and lack of common sense, maybe, prohibit me from just "disconnecting" from encounters, so it may just be a bit of common sense, and feeling the need to finding friends instead of cold, anonymous rivals in Mordheim, what moves me to approach you and the members of the forum and introduce myself...

Besides that, in case you feel curious and to be polite, the rest of my life is quite common, for an amateur and not very experienced wargamer..I worked at a law office -my family's small office, since we closed it due to retirement of the more veteran lawyer in the office-, I have such degree as a law degree both from my university and the Spanish equivalent of the lawyer's Guild or "Bar" as they say in the UK, and also some minor titles on economics -ahem, for lawyers- and an LL.M and other one, more serious and interesting -tough somehow undeserved, I feel- in English "Philology" -God forbid me to try to understand that term wholly-, and apart from some minor works at my university and a secretary at that lawyer's office, I have for some time been an intern on Spain's one and only Think Tank-Real Instituto Elcano- until some evil conspiracy, no doubt breed by Ikit Claw, at the least, purged my entire research Grupo from the face of the earth...So while I manage to join my scattered, former fellows and we form some other, independent research group on International Relations and, as nothing may be more interesting than reading and studying IIRR, apart from playing board games -much less than I would like to- and enjoying a quite life -as quite as one may find one in Spain, between fiesta and siesta- , I am currently applying to some vacant as a public worker, which in Spain is more or less socially"prestigious", even though exams are postponed due to this quite dark Plague -during the Chinese year of the rat, by the way- tough I would stay quite happy with the comfort of an interesting post and a more stable foundation for those research interests and spare time for gaming and more gaming...

So that is most of my background, that and that as a certified, but not practising, lawyer, I hate quarrelying, especially without being properly paid for it by the real interested subjects- and that I promise to try to be civil and moderate in my opinions and comments, in case you find me fit for being allowed to become a member of the forum.

In case you would like to know more about me, please write me at my email address: jesuspardoleopardo@gmail.com

Regards from Madrid,
    Jesús Pardo