Search results

1. ScubaSteve

8 Fate for Rat Ogres? You are Joking, Right?

Okay let's talk about the Rat Ogres. Oh vey... I was sooo excited to finally see them ready to play but then I saw the price and my jaw dropped. I am praying this is a type because 8 fate is terrible. I would pay 3 maybe 4 but 8??? This must be a bad joke. Legendary you do want people to...
  2. ScubaSteve

Three BIG Concept to make Warband Skirmish TRULY Legendary...

Mordheim Warband Skirmish has nailed the battle mechanics and the warband construction. It has done a fantastic job with the really hard part of making a fun and delightful tactical game. I really love MWS but after playing 250+ encounters I am wondering what the point of the game is? Are you...
  3. ScubaSteve

Top 5 things I LOVE about Mordheim Warband Skirmish

I just finished my 113 game Skaven play-through and I was reminded of how awesome this game truly is. While I have been critical of some of the game's mistakes, most of these issues are minor compared to how much this game gets right. Here are the Top 5 things I LOVE about Mordheim: 1. The...
  4. ScubaSteve

Jezzails... Rat Ogres... and other Skaven Mercenaries...

Like many of the people who got sucked into the table-top version of Mordheim, the Skaven was my favorite warband. The idea of using the sneaky rat-men in the City of the Damn always felt so right. A dessicated ruined city filled with wyrdstone, traps and unspeakable horrors, Mordheim truly is...
  5. ScubaSteve

Slings should be much better... and are currently broken

Okay 60 games into my Skaven warband challenge and I have a real feeling that part of the reason why the Skaven Warband doesn't quite feel right is that slings are not nearly as effective as they should be. I remember them being the best part of the table-top game. In Mordheim Warband Skirmish...
  6. ScubaSteve

Is Ulric with us?

Maybe the Middenheim warbands should say "Ulric's with us" instead of making a prayer to Sigmar when a break test is passed. It just seems odd, Middenheim is at war with the Reikland during the game and Ulric not Sigmar is the patron deity of Middenheim. Just a thought...
  7. ScubaSteve

Larger Skaven Warbands Pleaseeeeeee

The only real gripe I have after playing my first 33 Skaven games is that the warband size feels too small. It would be nice if the Skaven could have a warband size of 10 models. Now I can understand if Legendary is worried about balance and maybe having 10 Skaven Warriors is too many...
  8. ScubaSteve

Where are the Warpfire Pistols?

I have just completed my first 33 games and I have not seen one Warpfire Pistol even though my warband members have Blackpowder training. I saw them in the tutorial so I know they exist maybe they just have not shown up in the store yet?
  9. ScubaSteve

Skaven Warband Size Bug +my first 33 Skaven games

First off I found a bug when I tried to grow my team to 8 rats. I was met by an error screen that says that I had reached the maximum size when my Warband had only 7 warriors. And yes all of my seven warriors were awake no one was laying on the ground from injuries. Otherwise I am really...
  10. ScubaSteve

Skaven Bug: 12 Fate to 1 Fate

Just downloaded Skaven warband and I am enjoying them a lot but I found a bug as soon as I started playing. My warband started with 12 fate and before I had even used any I had just 1 Fate? Not sure what happened there.
  11. ScubaSteve

Fantastic AI!

One thing that I wanted to comment on that I think is very cool is the AI the Legendary team worked created. In the "Route Enemy Warband scenarios" the enemy has been so good I could have sword I was playing PvP. It is only in the "Take and Hold" Scenarios when the enemy runs right past an easy...
  12. ScubaSteve

My Five Star Game Review!!!

So I have played over 100+ games of Mordheim in two weeks and I have to say that the game is amazing. I have to give a round of very loud applause for the incredible work the Legendary team has done putting out this work of art together. I can't say enough about how cool this game is and I am so...
  13. ScubaSteve

Buying Fate with Gold

One very cool thing that could be done to reward players who are willing to grind through the game would be to allow them to purchase Fate Points with Gold. Having a connection between gold and fate would be great as it means that players who are willing to put in the time will be rewarded just...
  14. ScubaSteve

Five Wishes for Mordheim

Okay I love Mordheim and after playing 100+ games I have some thoughts, now some of these ideas come directly from the Mordheim Town Crier Magazine of the 90's so I can't take full credit for them but here is my top five wishes for the game: 1. Negate Robbed with Fate 2. Make Mordheim...