Search results

1. Blackstaff

Rating Adjustments in latest update.

The hotfix is much appreciated. I didn't have heart trouble when I saw my new ratings, today.
  2. Blackstaff

I for one would appreciate more input from a viewpoint opposing mine, some sign that this change is good for the game. I strive for balanced conclusions, rather than hotheaded tirades (though I've posted some of those, I'll admit). Perhaps the developers could weigh in about the change? The...
  3. Blackstaff

My dwarves are having a much harder time now, and more than half the time get no survival xp, let alone an underdog bonus. Having read the above posts by others, my current opinion is that while the rating fix may be helpful at the low end of warband ratings, it's a disaster for the high end...
  4. Blackstaff

My dwarves went from a carefully moderated 6927 to over 26000. Other warbands were more or less similarly inflated. And this fixes what exactly? After adjusting to the old system, we are given a more ridiculous one, complete with extra numbers! Way to go. ETA: For the sake of science, or...
  5. Blackstaff

Warlock pets

And nearing the end of my desire to post or publicly care about this version of Mordheim. ;)
  6. Blackstaff

Warlock pets

Perhaps not a mistake, but certainly a load of crap, as in unfair.
  7. Blackstaff

Warlock pets

Your well-documented opinion about pets aside, I'm interested in fairness, or the correction of a mistake if that's the case here.
  8. Blackstaff

Warlock pets

I figured out there was a problem when my Dwarves' warlock couldn't find a warhound after I'd bought the animal training skill, and refreshed the shop at least ten or so times looking for a warhound. I think it's an equipment issue, as in the warlock can only find the same pets as the hiring...
  9. Blackstaff

Warlock pets

Funny question, considering that I've been playing here for years, but is it really a thing that Warlocks can only get a dog if the hireling is a member of a merc human warband? Trying to wrap my head around why this is; it seems unfair at a glance. I know pets aren't really a big deal in terms...
  10. Blackstaff

Lure of Chaos

It seems that LoC is still malfunctioning. Now, when one of my warriors breaks free of it, the AI stops acting. Not a game freeze, and not my device (I did some troubleshooting). I've had this happen at least 7 times since I began keeping track. Also, as the AI can be slow, I made sure to wait a...
  11. Blackstaff

Could we modify the Possessed Magister hood?

I'd like to thank LG for taking the time to handle this, quickly. Good work. :)
  12. Blackstaff

And if the entire community wanted the hoods changed, LG would probably do it. That is not the case here. Furthermore KKK language is already considered offensive content. The hoods are not KKK symbols or language, simply put. That player abused the band to push a foolish real world agenda, or...
  13. Blackstaff

If it were up to me, not only would that warband be deleted, but all bands associated with that person's account. That is clearly offensive content that LG is obligated to address.
  14. Blackstaff

Tricky subject. I've been thinking about this thread whilst bearing in mind my own recent postings about Great Grudge, a skill representing a dwarf's hatred against another group. The grudge comes about because of a specific wrong done to the dwarf, who responds by hating an entire group...
  15. Blackstaff

Grudge bug?

Couldn't find a section on Dwarves in the wiki to update...
  16. Blackstaff

Grudge bug?

I'll make this my last post here, so as to stop cluttering the airwaves. There are two fixes here, one easy and one presumably more difficult. The easy way is to change the skill description to say something like "all members of non-human and non-dwarven warbands are subject to the Great...
  17. Blackstaff

Grudge bug?

Updating this as I playtest more. The grudge works against human hirelings on Possessed and Undead warbands, such as Warlocks and Pit Fighters. But it works on Ogres on any warband.
  18. Blackstaff

Improving Leaderboard

For my part, I agree with fostering a sense of community, and that it's cool, and tactically useful, to know who I'm fighting. After all, as you can see I list my warbands in my signature. But not everyone thinks this way, and it could also be considered an advantage to remain entirely...
  19. Blackstaff

Improving Leaderboard

I wasn't referring to real names. I was referring to those who do not wish any tag or screenname applied to, in this case, warband ranking lists. Having read through the extended discussion, tags and usernames are not the real issue; having a meaningful leaderboard is. Right now it's an...
  20. Blackstaff

Improving Leaderboard

I think it might be better to provide the option to display one's username, or not. Many people expect and desire anonymity in their online gaming, and that must be respected. I'd support a second 'PvP' leaderboard, for the benefit of those who do it, separate from the shard count lists.