19 melee attacks??!

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Wyrdstone Dave, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Wyrdstone Dave Private

Message Count:
    Thanks for the updates to the game. It's good to meet different opponents. The xp for surviving battles is secure me too, especially for marksmen.

A Marienburger just had 19 melee attacks on my captain, doing 0-2 damage. Luckily my guy survived but there's something buggy happening.

In a previous game, a warband was taking multiple handgun and long rifle shots in a single turn. I'm pretty sure handguns fire every second turn or every turn with the right skill. After being gunned down I was told I'd routed the enemy!
    morjax likes this.
  2. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    1 Blackpowder weapons can only fire after 1 turn spend reloading normally. The Hunter skill removes that drawback. The Quick SHot skill allows you to shoot twice. A Repeater Handgun can actually shoots 3 times.

2 Routing a team is dependent on how many total wounds are left. You can see each team's overall state at the top of the screen. Once more than half a teams wounds have been taken the highest leadership of the still active warband members is tested.

3 I dont know what to say about 19 melee attacks without more information. Likely the enemy had several increases to its attacks and Frenzy, which doubles its attacks.
  3. Wyrdstone Dave Private

Message Count:
    Thanks. I don't know the exact mechanics for this app but in the tabletop version of the game I don't think it was posssible to ever fire a handgun twice in one turn. Repeater rifles would explain it but my opponent didn't have them.

I understand the rout rule - no issues there.

The melee attacks thing must be a bug. I think 3 attacks is the maximum x 2 for frenzy. I have no way of knowing if the character was frenzied. I note someone else had this issue.
  4. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    If you know the name of the warband can you please let us know? One of the admin's will then take a look at them and see what happened.

The max that I think is possible is 10. 3 normal, outnumbered, pistol offhand, frenzy.

19 shouldn't be possible at all.
  5. Wyrdstone Dave Private

Message Count:
    Thanks. This has just happened again. An enemy with a great sword got 11 melee attacks with it. He only stopped because everyone was killed! He may have been frenzied, though it didn't say so. Even if he was frenzied and got the extra attack when outnumbered, the total should have been 7 attacks max.

I will note the name of war bands where this happens in the future.
  6. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    What's your warbands name, and roughtly when was the game started?

I'm sure they can look your opponents up from that.
  7. Marquand Major

Message Count:
    You do not have to note warbands name. It happens to me every 3rd battle or whatever. Fortunately it's me not enemy who can attack with no end hahah. I even got an achievement "rain of blows" :).Although I encountered it on an enemy's side as well. Then I quit the game lol.

Btw maximum melee (pistols excluded) numeber of attacks is indeed 8, on the second round because you don't get weapon master bonus on the charge (at least not always which is weird in itself)

But yes it is a bug.
  8. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    I got the 'rain of blows' from all the counter attacks I got from a bugged 'Lightening Reflexes'
  9. Marquand Major

Message Count:
  10. Wyrdstone Dave Private

Message Count:
    Thanks for confirming this. Glad I'm not imagining things, though I wish it wouldn't happen!