8 rats with 16 pistol is underestimated

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Shuai The Great, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Shuai The Great Private

Message Count:
    no combat skills, shooting skills only upgrade HUNTER, PISTOLIER & QUICK SHOT, strength skills only upgrade WOUNDS and speed skills upgrade INITIATIVE, HIDDEN, PERCEPTION, GUTTER RUNNER and so on.

All Equip with Eshin Mask, Eshin Robe & 2 Pistol

The warband only 233 Points, but have chance to defeat 1000+ Points Warband if the opponent is careless.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Deadhiel likes this.
  2. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    Nice setup brother! Link to images appears to be broken (I use imgur and link the BBcode for easy image view)

Skaven have amazing possibilities! I'd recommend anyone going Skaven to take the time and roll each member carefully. With such low Ld, you need the biggest bang for your buck before an unlucky bottle test sends your troops running. Skaven are currently my fav race.
  3. Shuai The Great Private

Message Count:
    Thank you for reminding. Now can you see the pictures ?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    Two out of three worked fine :)

Love the Warband name! :) Very sneaky.. perfect Skaven behaviour.
  5. Auretious Taak Corporal

Message Count:
    How do you find them ina one on one manner vs a fully decked out defense based character? I find getting through all the armour can be pretty tricky with skaven if you don't have magic to aid you.
  6. Cypher Corporal

Message Count:
    Could be a clerical error but when I was running my ratmen (with a similar set up to the above only I had three sets of pistoleers a Rat Ogre and a Packmaster,I had two more clanrats, one with Claws and I think 6 attacks another with weeping blades, they were most unfortunately sacrificed for the greater good... (curse you Midenheimers!) anyway the Warplock pistols say they are -50 to defence (or did) also I made sure to get Perfect Killer (I think that's what it's called) for -15 to defence. Sorcerers Curse from my Sorcerer/Pistoleer leader also helped soften up the pink man things.
    Deadhiel likes this.
  7. Shuai The Great Private

Message Count:

The Warplock Pistol of Skaven will down Enemy Defence -50. And you can use the high initiative of rats let them waiting last turn & action this turn, that will allow you to attack twice
  8. Shuai The Great Private

Message Count:
    Don't forget that except the Defence & Armor, the Weapon Skill of you and your opponents will affect the melee damage. So I use all pistol rather than Claws or Blades.
  9. Cypher Corporal

Message Count:
    Yes. I mostly used them as scouts or bait to draw enemies into ambushes where my pistoliers would shoot them as they moved. Later I filled this roll with Giant Rats and Packmaster. Between Ambush and Lightning Reflexes I could usually take someone out before they had a chance to attack, especially if I had a nice corridor of ambushing rats with psitols to funnel them through.
  10. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    We really don't need two of these threads.
  11. Auretious Taak Corporal

Message Count:
    They are separate threads. this one was posted before the other one which highlights the extreme imblances in the current rating system. This one was posted before that game occurred and looks at different aspects, mainlya discussion on the benefits and play style of twine warplock pistol focused skaven as opposed to a more tehchnical and suggestion based/feedback focus which is the other trhead.

We really don't need spam posts for the sake of spam posts. Just sayin'.
  12. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    Strange, I took them both a not so humble brags, especially the other post, which was turned into a discussion about the awful matchmaking system by others, not the OP.

Just sayin'.
  13. Auretious Taak Corporal

Message Count:
    This is a discussion forum, there's a ranking system in the game, of course you're going to get people posting up OP warbands they've made. Humble or not, it doesn't matter. What matters is what can be taken from them to improve the game.
    Cypher likes this.