A cute little buglist

Padré Luke

Private
Bugs related to doors:

• If there's a 2 tiles wide door and I have one of my team members run along the door (parallel to the wall), he just bumps open the door next to him along the way, thus blowing the cover it would have provided and creating some VERY nasty and distastefully frustrating situations.
    (Sometimes seems to appear with single-tile doors also.)

Ah. The second one is a feature for the AI, it seems.
  • I've been playing the game for about a week and I've already suffered 3 strokes and developed a brain tumour the size of a basketball, only due to this.. and maybe the "extra AI APs" as well..
    So...
    If an AI controlled gangster opens a door, it becomes immune to overwatch. It just overrides all my team members' overwatch, as long as the fu- handsome lil' bugger doesn't advance 3 tiles towards them.. (3 tiles: 1 from behind the door, 1 through the door's tile, 1 more further the door's tile.)
    It runs in front of the door (1 AP) and opens the door (1 AP)?
    *BAM!* it shoots one of my gangsters in the face who is on overwatch, waiting behind the mentioned door to shoot anyone who dares to open it. (1 AP) (Even early game, house Orlock.. that's 3 APs.)

It runs into the door's tile, my whole team of 6 behind the door, on overwatch, guns pointed at door?
    *BAM!* it shoots one of my gangsters in the face.
    (Or if the nearest one is directly in front of the door, then maybe it just smacks him in the jugular.)

It runs through the door and stops in the next tile?
    You guessed it:
    *BAM!* One developing brain damage, both for the player's gangster and for the player as well.

Bugs related to Action Points:

Okay, well.. I'm not really that familiar with the tabletop game and it's rules, so there may be some error on my side, but I play house Orlock in the app, so I can tell there's no way I could have more than 2 Action Points at any given time. (At least with Orlocks.)
Despite this, the AI sometimes does some amazing acrobatics and whatnot.
  • The "3, sometimes even 4.." or in other words, the mentioned "extra APs" AP bug.

This has happened many, many times (and in many, many variations) with all of the four houses as the opposing team.
    And yeah, I've been really paying attention since I've experienced it for the nth time, so that I couldn't be sceptical about my abilities/observations.

So. Here's the typical thing:
    Enemy gangster starts the the turn/it's turn having the pinned status.
    It gets up. (1 AP)
    It starts running toward my team. (for 1 or 2 APs..)
    It either shoots one of my 'mates in the face or if they are in range, it smacks them. (1 AP)

There are many variations to this.
    I've yet to face the programming error equivalent to full-blown A.I.D.S., the one known as the -theoretical at the moment-:
    " Fuc- Bugger was on the ground, face down, stunned, he was next in sequence, suddenly got better (1 AP), got up, (1 AP), ran towards ... (1/2 APs, with or without 1 or 2 levels of the Move skill) ...sooo.. oh, yeah! ..he ran up to my beautiful face, f'd it up with his chainsword (1 AP) THEN HE MADE IT DOUBLE! (1 AP).. and yeah,... I'm aware of the Fast Shot and Extra Attack skills, but.. maaan...!!"
    Yet.
    But I bet if I'll play the game a little longer, I will sooner or later.

This theoretical scene is based on my many experiences with these obviously impossible moves/sequences of actions, variations of these elements/combinations with the awesome "overwatch-overriding-door-opening" bugs.

Oh yeah:
    And there are times when my team members on overwatch do trigger, succesfully land a hit (or two) on "Mr. Flash" while they are in the middle of their 3-4-5 -theoretical 6-etc... - AP rampage, damage them, that damage forces them to go prone, ..it's still their turn.. somehow, they get up, (1 AP) continue running (more AP), arrive, shoot/stab/slash/etc, etc.. sometimes even 2 times (1/2 more AP).
    A little bit frustrating.

• Action Point cost indicaton(s)
    If my gangster starts it's turn prone, has 2 APs, the UI indicates that it would cost me 2 APs to crawl n tiles far, but 1 AP to crawl just n/2 tiles, and I choose the latter, the silly little bugger forgets he has another action to take.. (hmm.. maybe get up, behind the cover he just crawled behind, so he's in a tactically more advantageous position at the start of the next turn...) ..well, he just finishes his turn.

Alright, I'm feeling a little lighter now that I've let some of this off my chest, I'm kinda spent, but there's more. About pathfinding, AI targetting mechanism F-ups, calculations, whatnot.
But that'll be another day's song. Maybe.

Anyways, I'd love to love this game, it IS awesome already, please, PLEASE, cherish it a little more and it will be as perfect and wonderful and amusing as the game's BGM!

Maybe some of these will be fixed in an upcoming update, and then I'll finally have to have a go at PvP, and maybe to rate it in the app store, etc, etc..
And remember: as you go about your circadian routine in the Underhive, no matter what, always check your stool for tapeworms! :eek: ;)

Adam Smith

Lead Software Developer
Staff member
Well. aside from the obvious issues you are experiencing with the game that has to be one of the most entertaining bug reports I've read :)

Thank you for outlining the issues with such detail, however could I ask for some more information? If you tell us here or in a DM the name of your Gang we can have a look at your recent matches, and analyse your opponents to help replicate any problems when implementing a fix.

Padré Luke

Private
Oh, hey!

I didn't caught the notification about your reply 'til now, so during the intervening time -between your and this reply- I've already made some observarions about the 1.3.3 update at the discord server.
I guess that experience was caused by some balancing you guys did around charater stats. (Perhaps around the "Cool" skill.)
Oh, and thank you for your words of appreciation. :)

'Kay, so you're asking for more information, then some more information you'll have, just tell me if/when it's too much, sometimes I won't sense it by myself..

M'kay. So, to make everything completely clean:
I am the kinda guy who values privacy, and is in a negative cashflow position with no job at the moment, etc.. and one who has a severe and a kind of paralyzing depression and a masochistic/misanthropic attitude: hence the sometimes vitriolic outbursts, bitter and sarcastic -but mostly offensive- humor, dirty mouth and the time to lead his life astray even furher by kinda playtesting the beautiful -and for the time being- bugridden mess that is Necromunda: Gang Skirmish, with an almost fanatical devotion, right down to the point that his Underhive gang, despite being founded -I think- 12 days ago, were #1 on last week's weekly rep leaderboard and are at #154 with 22874 reputation points in/on/at total. */**

I'm telling all this, so in the future if anyone who's bitter loser attitude and/or false sense of moral high ground would make them say things like: "This guy has no life.", has all this information readily available, in black-and-white so they can feel better about themselves.
Good thinking Sherlock: anyone who is better than you at anything either has no life or they've already made it, they are set in life so they have the money and time to expand and explore the.. blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,.. yeah, you're the one with the right mindset, who leads a fruitful life full of purpose, afterall we all measure success -and everything- in material wealth, doesn't we?

Phew! It's hard when you see with more than your two eyes..
I'm also writin' all this sh so that I'm doing something, at least something other than playing games and trying not to think about stuff that made things this way, all the while I'm also entertaining myself -and hopefully others- by living out my deprived graphomania.
Pretty therapeutic, I'd say.

When I mentioned me valuing privacy I forgot to tell that I like to speak in rebuses, to cipher and obfuscate important bits and pieces of information, sometimes under multiple layers/dimensions of sarcasm, so it's no surprise that I keep hinting at, won't flat-out mention that my wonderful and ecletic collection of handsome individuals are called the > Scumhole Eucestodae <.
Well, at least not publicly.
Oh, w.. ! ..ah, nevermind.

Anyway, IF you're really interested in watching the most common AP related bug in action, you should look up my most recent matches against Zybots, (turn 5, opponent runs next to my team member, gets a burst in the stomach, get hurt+go prone, stands up, retaliates), and right after that the next match against Olivias Raiders, (turn 5, opponen.. the symptoms are the same.).

Oooookay, in spite of me feeding off writing, raging, analyzing everything and of my lacking sense of being too much, imma finish this post as I'm getting a little tired, but don't you even think that I don't already have a growing list of GUI glitches/errors, (glaring) model clippings, screenshots..**deep inhale** .. and whatnot.
Next time I won't spare you!

Also.. To anyone who suffers from any kind of mental anguish: Don't worry, it just gets worse! :D
Right until you hit rock bottom, but trust me, you're gonna bounce up!
And to everyone who has experiences with the game and it's bugs: Don't be shy, don't be lazy and/or complacent about errors, speak up, post, comment, share your experiences with the community! Find the time and be an active part of the community!

Thank you everybody, goodnight, have a nice weekend and of course: Don't forget to check for wurms!

So good luck with looking at my "recent" matches and finding the outrageous ones. Th'only clue I can give about those that those were mostly against Orlock. Mostly. One or two were Goliath and Escher.

** English is not my first -nor the last, heheh- language, so if something seems off about my syntax, or overtly inquisitive about my use/repeated use of words/wordplays, well, that's the reason. Besides me really being an inquisitive @sshole, of course!

Padré Luke

Private
- "Hey, let's not talk to the crazed guy, he'll feel encouraged otherwise!"
- "I know right!? Dude's f'ing weird, I don't know what to say anyways!"

Ah, and it's monday again, start of another cycle.
Let's kick off with another barrage of confusing ranting pack of cuteness and list of bugs, as I promised!
(This time, mostly without showing signs of psychological damage and without the overflowing emotional baggage. Heh.. that kinda rhymed.. Ok, I'll try, but I can't promise anything about these stuff. Not for the time being.)

Alright, so:

I'll attach the visuals in the same order as I detail the related bugs in the post.
Redundant, as I can insert the attachments.

• I mentioned model clippings, here's an example of what I was talking about.
    Let me present exhibit Q! ... Sorry, did I wrote "Q"?... I meant "A", sorry!

exhibit a.jpg

(Ex. a) In these pictures you can clearly see that the "hair" models the Ammojack's model uses are clipping with the head.
    Not with all of them, though. Well, at least not all of them clip this horribly.

• Next one is a level geometry bug, related to the random generator, apparently. (Ex. b)

exhibit b.jpg

Here, you can see that the generated level sometimes has a ladder tile attached to the upper, oblique* tile in an awkward way.
    And yeah, it does function.

• Another level geometry stuff is the occasional "door without a cause". (Ex. c)

exhibit c.jpg

These doors have no real function: they are generated right at the edge of the map.
    (Well, o.k., they're another tile where a character can step for maybe a narrow cover.)

• Alright, let's take a look at the next one, let's bring up "exhibit d"!

exhibit d.jpg

In the topmost picture you can see a badass gangster with a likewise name.
    However, while the user is able to write all kinds of characters in the text input field and it does accept and save them, most of the game's fonts does not contain those characters and thus the game won't display them properly (or at all).
    (Depends on the font/-family/script used. In the picture, there's some Devanāgarī. But glitches also occur with latin letters too, not with accented, but with ones that has umlauts. Think "Röck Döts"!)

In the bottom three pictures are examples to stuff that some of the game's fonts CAN correctly display: Cyrillic and accented latin.

• Onto the next one, this is some serious "toaster-phone" issue:
    At lower graphical settings, there's no indication if there is a fire burning in/on a tile. (Ex. e)
    (Missing LOD mesh/texture, maybe?)
    This, combined with some pathfinding/user lazines related errors can cause some major foaming at the mouth, as the character wades through his path, only to arrive at an innocent looking tile and immediately go up in flames.
    THEN the flames display properly. (On and around the misfortunate subject.)

exhibit e.jpg

How awesome is that!
    Finally the "AI" has managed to burn one of it's dudes to a crisp! COOL!
    That was so awesome, it just cured my non-existent pancreatitis!
    (I just wanted to use the word "pancreatitis". So sue me!)

• The next bug is another "toaster-phone" thing, a low graphical settings-issue.
    Some items (hmm.. mostly mêlée ones, if I remember correctly) are using particle effects or some shaders I believe, that are incompatible with.. something.
    Don't look at me like that, I can't and I don't know EVERYTHING.

Not yet.

So, I don't really have anything else to say about the issue, let "exhibit f" talk for itself .

exhibit f.jpg

• Anyways, once again, onto the next bump on the road to greatness.
    In "exhibit g", you can see a typical Hive Scum, unhappy about the gut wound he recently aquired, to the point that he has bent forward in his exasperation.

exhibit g.jpg

That's cool and all, but when you tap an icon (menu option) that would make the viewport focus the camera on the dude's face, well.. it does focus on the spot where the subject's face would be if he was in a brilliant health condition, in which he isn't, for the above mentioned reason(s).
    So it just displays the empty space above the dude's head.

• A'ight, time for prepara... exhibit h!

exhibit h.jpg

Another GUI (and maybe low-end device) issue: At the squad-composing screens, if the user taps on the "X" below a character, then the other characters' (which were to the disselected [dismissed?, deselected?] character's right) so, then the other models move to the left, filling up the freeing up space(s).
    (And I think the program reloads the models and/or it's/their textures/palettes.)
    Alright, cool. But the thing is, when the user taps that "X" and in rapid succession taps again (to deselect the next character), the game just loads up the "Gang" screen with the character that just filled up the deselected one's space.

Well, that's all about bugs for now.

There's another picture, right.

SOME DUDE.jpg

In the last picture there's a dude, I don't know a thing about, he just looked awesome, like a -not anymore- living legend (perhaps since around 2004. dec. 8. or for those who are living in a different dimension than me: since December 8, 2004 ... ooh, it's november 29 already?!) so yeah, like a legend, who I would really like to recreate in the game/paint a mini in his likeness, but would really hate to see him getting shot at, least of all see him getting shot in the back seven times while performing..
Again. :I

So yeah. Dude looks awesome.
(Something tells me, late game I'll regret giving out my Achilles tendon like this..)

/rants complaints grievances

Thanks for reading, have a nice evening (or -part of day you're at, reading the post) and don't forget to share your thoughts about the game, your experiences with bugs and/or about my observations (about glitches/bugs)!

* I didn't find the right word. I thought about using "half, skewed" but that just feels weird to me, I don't know.
See, that's why I mentioned that english is not my native language: appearances can be deceiving, I am
(or.. "was"?) kinda shy about my usage of english as I've not really used it in a really long time. For about... .. years.
But since all this happening in our collective reality (think 2019..) I've been a real troglodyte, did not really communicate with anyone,
much less with a geniune human being, so my english and interpersonal skills are a little rusted and lacking (and apparently I have verbal diarrhea), buuut I've been watching so much stand-up and sketch comedy it looks like it's rubbing off on me. (I hope there isn't a pun here.)
Yeah, awkward expressions, verb tenses (is that even a word?), all kinds of grammatical errors are due to all this.
All I'm asking for now is you're
(the readers) feedback, if I used some wurd incorrectly, if theirs a seriously mispellt sumthing, anythink. (The last sentence was fully intentional, just sayin' in case someone can't tell.)
Thanks in advance!

WHAT!? An already 6,718 bytes sized .txt file? (That's an exactly 6718 characters long essay! Before spellcheck, without the formatting..)
Sometimes I even freak myself out.. ha, ha!

/insanity
/flow_of_thought

*edit: re-added an article that originally fell victim to/for the text formatting

Last edited: