A few problems.

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by Jonathan Rogers, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Jonathan Rogers Private

Message Count:
    Just thought that I would list a few problems that I have noticed.
    1. The enemy turn. This is a problem due to the fact that every time you take a turn and their arent any enemies in the area this still appears. This wastes a lot of time and makes the game drag more.
    2. The fact that there are physical buttons for the camera rotation rather then keyboard bindings. This makes it a lot more hassle to do a simple function such as moving the camera.
    3. The map doesnt update live when you collect a resource and the area becomes empty. The soldiers that you can loot explode and let you know that they are no longer lootable whereas building crumble and just become and object. Yet when you leave the map and go back into the area they are gone.

Just thought I would post these few points that bothered me whilst I was playing!
    Nathan Lenton and Danielhigh like this.
  2. May May Private

Message Count:
    I agree with the first point of the enemy turn being present without there being any actual enemies
  3. I_Like_Cake Corporal

Message Count:
    I definitely think that the lack of keyboard short cuts are a problem. Perhaps mapping the camera movement to WASD and the camera rotation to Q and E would work well.
  4. Danielhigh Private

Message Count:
    i think the camera controls would be good and add a bit more simplicity to the game for general pc gamers, as these are basic controls that almost anyone can use.
  5. recalledcookie Private

Message Count:
    I also agree that the enemy sign saying that they are there when they aren't is a problem
  6. May May Private

Message Count:
    Yeah i would appreciate moving around the map and battlefield using WASD or arrow keys and indeed using keyboard short cuts to rotate the camera too
  7. MaddieWilmot Private

Message Count:

1) This was also an issue for me as it felt the game was obnoxious at times due to the constant waiting to move a Harvester 1 square then having to wait for the turn to cycle when no enemy presence was on the map. This made the experience of gathering resources feel like it took much longer than it needed to be and making the general task of doing it unpleasant and questionable.

2) The keyboard appears to have no bindings to use for any of the movements of units, cameras or the selection of menus. While from a mobile device point of view such as a tablet where you may not want a keyboard this is a nice thing as players won;t need a keyboard to play. However some users may want to have keyboard features they could use to make playing easier than just moving their mouse around.

3) This also causes an number of unusual graphical errors such as units that seem to appear within boulders as they are not removed from the map however when selected are shown to be empty pieces of land of no value.
  8. Gavin Rummery
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Hi all, thanks for the feedback. There's a couple of separate points here, so I'll address them in turn:

1) the enemy turn thing: OK, perhaps we should suppress this when there are definitely no enemies and you control the region.
    2) the key controls: I assume we are talking the 3D version? You can actually use the right mouse button & wheel to control the camera, whilst the map can be dragged with the left mouse button. But we could add keyboard shortcuts too.
    3) terrain updating: this is probably just because the 3D version is still in beta, and some features aren't 100% implemented from the 2D version yet. But we'll check it out.