A loooot of new questions

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by CuliDuri, Jul 19, 2018.

1. CuliDuri Corporal

Message Count:
    1. About the level of each warrior (it's different from what is showed in camp and at the end of battle). There is already a post about it.
    2. My highest warband change rank from 4200 to 6600! Are all these points obtained with equipment?
    3. My warlock (with 95% percentage to cast a spell) fails 3 times consecutively... Maybe I'm just super-unlucky, but if maths is not an opinion, he shouldn't fails anymore for the next 57 times. Hope so.
    4. I don't understand how the new campaign works. Now I've got something like 50 maps shown in the big one (where you can see all the unlocked maps)... So "campaign" means just an increasing of the playable maps?
    Thank you!
    Double Misfire likes this.
  2. Double Misfire Private

Message Count:
    5. What's all this ogre equipment showing up in the store? ;)
  3. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    1. It is the same issue that is causing the skill point issue, this has been fixed and an updated build is on the way, should be out today if all goes well.

2. Yes, we have switched to a power rating over the standard rating - you'll notice your matchups will be more balanced now and more in line with the power of your warband. This rating is calculated by using the number of units in your warbands, the skills they have and the equipment they have

3. Nothing has changed, looks like you're just unlucky :p

4. The campaign system is a new way to unlock new maps to play in. Unfortunately, the unlocking of maps is rank based and your rating is higher than the required rating to unlock the last map, so you have all the maps unlocked. However, new warbands will have full access to this - we thought it was better who were already higher level to give them the maps they already had instead of making them start all over again. If you want to experience the campaign you can start a new warband

5. A little easter egg that slipped through the cracks ;)
    CuliDuri and Double Misfire like this.
  4. Double Misfire Private

Message Count:

Will we eventually be able to get some information on how the new power rating system works, or is it all strictly under the hood? I've already dumped the gromril armour on my three marksmen for good old fashioned jerkins and shirts as it was a bit redundant on them.

It would also be really cool if we could eventually have the warband's rating display on the camp screen as well as the main interface in order to be able keep track of how much it changes when switching out equipment without having to go back and forth between the main screen. :D
  5. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Nice suggestion. Also, when you asked for some more information about the power rating system what information are you after?

But in general, the power rating works like this:
    • Base stats are modified by equipped weapon/armour along with any skills that affect stats
    • This is then used to calculate the power rating for the character stats.
    • Then, additional power is added for skills and spells which were not used above.
    • Finally, a power value is added based on what creatures you have equipped.
  6. Shangular Corporal

Message Count:
    For #2, a issue I'm seeing is that although matchups are based on power ratings, it still seems like the XP calculation for "same/similar warband" is still baesd on the warband rating. For example I'm getting matched up with opponents where I get no XP unless I kill them because they have a lower warband rating. Could you also please look into this? It would make sense that the power rating would also be used for this XP determination.
  7. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    The power rating is used for calculating same/similar warband XP, could you provide some examples as to where you've noticed this happening?
  8. CuliDuri Corporal

Message Count:
    Amaan, could you explain the new level system? My captain (once 56) is now 38 (and also all the other teammates are lower leveled). Why this choice?
    Also... I lost the opportunity to get skill points (something like 4/5 between my warriors) also if I level up. You know how rare is to get skill points in high level warbands... Will I have my points back??
  9. Auretious Taak Corporal

Message Count:
    Can you please change it so as New Area's only show up in the 4th game slot when your warband reaches that rating to unlock it?

Currently, I have a 382 rating skaven warband where they unlocked the 400 rating area and now it says New Area 500 rating required and it is locked out, this leaves me just 2 non-pvp games to choose from - a random one and a known warband type with rating we can choose to fight. previously, that 4th slot also had a 2nd known warband type and rating to choose to fight against and this gave more variety and flexibility for players. As it stands, having the 4th slot locked out indefinitely in effect is really crap. Different players advance at different speeds or play the game differently to others and not having all 3 non-pvp slots open all the time takes away from the experience of the game (just like if you don't want hired swords at all, but they appear in one or two slots in your camp/burrow each post game phase where other randomised warriors could instead spawn, likewise with people who want hired swords but don't want to have to have a warband of 3 or 4 {whichever it is} to then unlock them - maybe have an option of hied swords being shown or not). I do occasionally pvp but I'm still figuring the skaven out (like how the heck you're supposed tpo deal with extremely high defense enemies and how to get the pistol to fire twice as pistolier doesn't unlock a second pistol).
    Deadhiel likes this.