A New Legendary Tournament!

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
new-update-image1.png
A new feature has been added to Tournament Play in Mordheim. You can now disable Ai games when creating specific PvP Tournaments!

This feature was heavily requested from the previous Tournament and because of this, a new Legendary Tournament will be starting this Friday 16th April at 5pm and ending on Monday 19th April at 5pm (UK time).

The rules for this Tournament:

To enter the Tournament, you will need a Warband with a Max Power Rating of 80
After joining, there is a 250 Power Rating limit on the Tournament
Ai is disabled
Must be on the latest version of the game to join

The top 3 will receive a Bronze, Silver and Gold PvP icon.

The code for the Tournament will be posted in this thread at 5pm on Friday (UK Time).

Good Luck!

Download the update on iOS and Android

- Socials -
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Discord Server

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on the what disabling AI actually does? Does that mean that a warband in a tournament can't go on missions against AI opponents, or something else?

Also, how does the rating maximum work? If a warband advances above 250 in this tournament, will they be ejected from the tournament? Will their progress to that point still count?

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Can you elaborate on the what disabling AI actually does? Does that mean that a warband in a tournament can't go on missions against AI opponents, or something else?

Also, how does the rating maximum work? If a warband advances above 250 in this tournament, will they be ejected from the tournament? Will their progress to that point still count?
Once you've joined the tournament, playing vs Ai will be disabled. PvP will be the only option.

If you exceed the maximum rating of the tournament, a pop up will be displayed when trying to enter a game. You won't be ejected and your progress will be saved.

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Legendary Tournament code –

“LGBattle2”

(Case sensitive)

Tournament ends on Monday 19th April at 5pm UK time.​

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
LG-Battle2-updates.jpg

Congratulations to the Top 3 of the second Legendary Tournament! They will receive a custom icon in-game!

1 - Flight Risk

2 - Assassins in White

3 - Jesters

Thanks to everyone for taking part in the Legendary Tournament!​

Thanks for the tournament, was fun even if it seems a little less challenging then the one before. Even within a limites range many players look afraid to meet a 200+ warband, and may even deconect before end game while it would have boost their own easy and at little risk.
Out of that, I noticed that you could unlock new maps when reaching cap limits and use treasure maps even through other IA battles where effectivly unaviables.
Not certain about how much help it dis in game balance, but then.
Maybe setting each futur tournament to a pre-defined map would do better ? Something like marketplace or pleasure district could do well as Arena.

Another thing that came to mind in order to keep most players in until last moment would be sort of participation prizes for most (let say at least 25 if not all ) , things akin to aprilfools free fish morph of weapons or fake santa hats you gave time ago. Wouldn't offer outrageous advantages but still leave a mark of being there. Even a dagger with the look would be Worth it.

Another Idea, to offer a well balanced matchup, would be about having each participants to play a preset number of games on a 3 days row. Thus results would reflect more of effectivness rather then frequent connections.
By the way those ain't rants nor grudge as I took part in as jester rats. But still it seems like some improvements on tournaments torments could offer some suplementary fun to it.

Shangular

Brigadier
This tournament was a lot of fun, although I wish there were more participants.

Structure wise, I think this is a significant improvement from the first tournament in terms of balance and format. But a couple of further refinement suggestions:

1) Tournament Length: It seems that the 72 hours still seems a bit long, especially given on the 3rd day, there were like only 2 teams in que and everyone's given up. As a suggestion, perhaps if we could make this a 24 hour tournament on a set monthly schedule (like every 3rd Friday/Saturday of the month). That way people can adjust their calendars accordingly and we would see a blitzkrieg of Pvp matches during that day with more than just a few warbands.

2) AI Disablement: Tbh, since we already have the 250 point cap (which is excellent!), I'd recommend removing the AI Disabled option because what can happen is that someone either does the p2w to get to 200+ immediately or saved up skill points from farming AI prior. Since people who are new to this tournament format or new players may not understand this, they could be discouraged from playing after the first match. For example, my very first match in the tournament, which was about 10 minutes after it started on Friday, was against a 180 point Reiklander warband (i'm sure this guy saved up skill points). I'm a veteran player so it didn't bother me, but for new players, it could be a negative experience. In addition, since you can't farm AI, the f2p players or players who don't know about saving up skill points, don't have an opportunity to get their warbands up to the 200+ to match p2w warbands.

3) Shard Count criteria: Perhaps another way to alleviate the concern noted above is to create another criteria where Shard Count = 0/0 when joining this tournament. This will ensure that all players have a brand new warband upon entering and thus encourage new players to try tournaments.

But again, thank you for taking time to host these events. I used to love playing TT tournaments back in the day so this has been fun alternative.

Last edited:

Shangular

Brigadier
One more suggestion for a potential future tournament: No Holds Barred tournament. So no limits at all and is designed to encourage every player to put out their top warband to determine who is the best. For this one, perhaps a prize like a glowing armor/weapon customzation or a diamond looking icon (platinum would look too similar to the silver icon).

Skrit9

Private
I really enjoyed this tournament (partially because participating with skaven was WAY easier than dwarves), and I see a lot of value to the comments above. By Sunday I basically couldn't find any matches, which was a bit frustrating. What do you think would be the most reasonable way to keep players? For me the biggest barriers have been A) I know I don't have a ton of time, so knowing that whoever plays the most will just win is kinda discouraging and B) I don't have money to spend in order to P2W, so it's hard to go in just knowing that I'll lose every match. For the first one, is there another way to measure rankings besides pure shard count? I realize that pure shard rate wouldn't work, cause someone could play once, get a really good chest and just have a high average shard rate from just that one game, but maybe something like win rate * # of shards? That way it values winning as well as total shards? Though I think that would only work if everyone started on equal ground, cause it would discourage building from the bottom. My Assassins in White lost nearly every game this time around cause I started from 0/0 and never got above 80 rating but I just kept playing and earned enough shards in losses. Any thoughts? Or do we think that the pure shard count is the best system for the time being? As for point number two, I think starting from 0/0 shards is a really great idea, that would make sure that everyone is on the same level to start. There will still be an aspect of being able to pay to win, but I figure that's a good point of revenue for you guys at legendary, so I think it's reasonable to still allow the use of fate. But knowing that we all started at the same place is really nice. That being said, I think Shangular makes a good point on varying the types of tournaments. This one was a low level tournament and I think it would be good to lean into that with starting at 0/0 shards and limiting rating, but then occasionally doing higher rated tournaments where the goal is clearly to bring the best you have. We could even mix it up, with a tournament around 750 (more flexibility than low tournaments but still approachable for more casual players), one at 1500 (More of a true mid-game) and one unlimited for the truly beefed up warbands. Anyway, that's just a lot of thoughts, what do you guys think?

Shangular

Brigadier
I really enjoyed this tournament (partially because participating with skaven was WAY easier than dwarves), and I see a lot of value to the comments above. By Sunday I basically couldn't find any matches, which was a bit frustrating. What do you think would be the most reasonable way to keep players? For me the biggest barriers have been A) I know I don't have a ton of time, so knowing that whoever plays the most will just win is kinda discouraging
I think this was a problem with this recent tournament as it was announced one day before the start. So I'm guessing that most people weren't aware of it or were busy that weekend. Thus, to get the most participation, an advanced notice of a couple of weeks or even a set schedule like every 3rd weekend starting in June for example would be recommended. I still think that a 24 hour or 48 hour max length is ideal. As mentioned here, on Sunday, there really wasn't anyone in queue and I don't think anyone thought it was worthwhile joining on Sunday since they wouldn't be able to catchup.