A new wishlist. High hopes.

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Chaosticket, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    Heres my wishlist. These are reasonable additions and changes.

#1 Increase the ways for getting experience.
    Every member of the warband gets "winning" experience, not just the leader. Show if enemy warband it outside rating for "survivor" conditions. Receive experience for completing special conditions.

#2 New weapon combinations.
    Duel-wielding Melee weapons, using Greatweapons and ranged weapons on same character

#3 permanent items.
    I would like Armor-Piercing ammunition with a similar effect to Maces' Defense Capping effect. Other items like a Wyrdstone compass, or anti-stealth lantern would be useful.

#4 New weapons: Gromril Greathammer(reduce defense to 20/0 with Training/Mastery, maybe +critical 5-10%), Gromril Warhammer (reduce defense to 20/0 with Training/Mastery, maybe +critical 5-10%)), Gromril Greataxe(+15/25 strength, +15/30% critical, reduce defense by 10/20% with Training/Mastery)

#5 8th warband character slot is free for non-premium characters.

#6 New recruits can scale up to level of lowest current member of warband. Leave them with unspent points so you dont have bad builds.

#7 nothing ingame be Cash-only.

#8 new clothing items for Gold/Cash.
    ScubaSteve likes this.
  2. Veteran Private

Message Count:
    #9 Bandages to treat injured Fighters during combat

#10 fewer death results. It just happens too often.

#11 introduce a way to earn at least some Fate. In special Missions perhaps?

#12 Add a healer or medic like in Bloodbowl

#13 a different business model. Almost 14€ for the Warbands and 10€ for some fatetokens is still too expensive. A Single Token costs about 0.3-0.4€. Reviving a character needs 3 Fate Tokens. There is a nice german word for it: "Groschengrab". Personally, I wouldn't mind some advertisement, like videos for example.
    ScubaSteve likes this.
  3. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    #9/12, there is consumable item that can restore lost Wounds during combat already.
  4. Veteran Private

Message Count:
    #9 to treat other fighters, of course
    #12 did you ever play BB? Seems not. medic allows to re-roll one injury result per match.
  5. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    Mordheim later introduced mercenary healers like the Priestess of Shallya that could heal permanent injuries.

Im agreeing with you.
  6. Veteran Private

Message Count:
    #14 area effect weapons like blunderbusses

#15 Information on enemy warband rating and scenario you're going to play would be nice too
    morjax likes this.
  7. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    Okay pause right there. please explain some things to work out the details.

#9/12 , how do you keep healing items from being abused to make "healbots"?
    Healing permanent injuries is important for ongoing warbands. Making healing characters would probably make the already absurdly tough characters nearly invincible. 50-75% Defense, 17 wounds, and in one turn healing back up to 100%. Thats why the healing herbs are rare and expensive now.

In Response to #14 Area of effect weapons, how would they work? You would need some kind of area of effect view at the least.

Blunderbuss was a one-shot(per match) weapon In Mordheim. Quite effective but also very specialized as you would need to get into a close position, line targets up, and try not to cause teamkills. How would that work here if you cannot see the range of the weapon, guess? Other ranged weapons would generally be more practical. Its not a bad idea, just work it out.

By the way, Warhammer/Mordheim generally doesnt have explosives in anything less than full armies with Mortars or Rockets, and that is 500years later than this game takes place. So no grenades or molotov cocktails.

Response: #15 I agree more information would be useful. Ive memorized the possible layouts of some maps, but warbands, objectives and the like are still random. When you find out youre facing 8 Middenhimers all in Full Plate, or a Skaven Warband with 8 members and almost as many Giant rats, you really need to know if its possible to actually win or if youre fighting for 0 shards and no experience.

SHowing if the map has actual objectives BEFORE you pick it is a large benefit as the objectives generally reward more Wyrdstone than just trying to win by routing the enemy team.
  8. Veteran Private

Message Count:
    I agree, abuse of healbots must be taken into consideration. Might become problematic.

The whole 500 years ago thing has always been highly illogical. If they had duellingpistols 500 year before, the Empire armies should be using Automatic weapons in the age of Karl Franz;)
    Setting it apart from the usual background was in my opinion one the reasons the game wasn't as well accepted as it might have become with a less limiting setting. It was a good game but not exactly what players expected.

The original blunderbus was a template weapon. Models covered or touched took a hit on 4+ if remember correctly. I'm sure such a feature could be implemented.
  9. ScubaSteve Major

Message Count:
    Good ideas here I hope Legendary is listening they need to be taking notes.
    morjax likes this.
  10. Veteran Private

Message Count:
    Some more ideas:

#16 I'm still missing duellingpistols (higher accuracy)

#17 The Lucky charm (one use, negates the first hit a model takes in a battle). Always loved loved the idea of a bullet to the heart being stopped by a watch, a bible or a coin in the pocket.
    morjax likes this.
  11. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:

Umm, already did that

A Lucky Charm could be useful, but as characters here are uber compared to Mordheim, one free hit isnt much, especially when you consider Armor does and Parry can reduce damage to 0 wasting the item. If it only lasted one hit then expired it would need to be ridiculously cheap 1-5 gold. Maybe make it a permanent item as its just one-hit per battle.
  12. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    What about a lucky charm that negates one attack per round that would otherwise put the unit into stun? That seems to me to be a relatively comparable mechanic.
  13. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Thanks, folks...

Noted and will be passing this info across to the rest of the team!