A Question for the Devs

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by 2mBrick, Apr 22, 2018.

1. 2mBrick Private

Message Count:
    Dear Devs,

I've been enjoying this game (and particularly the Undead), but one thing has been bugging me...

Why is the leader the Necromancer, not the Vampire?

Though I never played it, I have almost all the PDFs for the tabletop game, and the Vampire is the leader for the original Undead warband. I understand that some things have to be changed/removed (such as 20 unit warbands, and charge interceptions), but having the Vampire as leader also makes sense on a thematic/lore level. Vlad von Carstein sent his lieutenants (who were mostly lesser von Carsteins, and by extension, vampires) to gather wyrdstone, not the necromancers. It's also a bit weird for a von Carstein vampire (who can invariably trace their connections all tthe way back to Vlad) to take orders from a Necromancer, who could well have begun life as some farmer or beggar or petty criminal.

I'm guessing you guys have a reason for using the Necromancer as leader instead, and I'm kind of wondering what that is. Hence the thread.

Anyhow, keep up the great work!
    -2mBrick
  2. Viki Private

Message Count:
    In my opinion, vampire, as it is now, is to good to be available in regular cost. Wanna bet me wrong?
  3. Jesse Shaffer Corporal

Message Count:
    You can find their explanation in the last paragraph of the undead announcement. I’ll just past it here:
    “For fans of the table top version Vampires will soon be available as Hire-swords but when purchased they will take over as leader. We tested them as the starting leader but with a warband made up of fear causing ghouls with two attacks and dregs being not that different to mercenaries adding in a supercharged desanguinator early on was too overpowered. Also, Zombies are such a classic undead troop type we wanted them and a magic user with the skill to create them in from the beginning.”
  4. 2mBrick Private

Message Count:

Ah, okay. Thanks.