AI Controlled Allies

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by FlaminGallahs2089, Jun 24, 2018.

1. FlaminGallahs2089 Private

Message Count:
    Mordheim is an amazing strategy game.
    Though I always though zombies were used like cannon fauder,
    But my zombies just wonder off on their own mission, it slightly annoys me.

My suggestion is making it that you have minor control of AI allies, in a sense that you can select a area for you zombies, dog, rats, wolves to go and they will travel there. You can select a enemy and they will charge until he is dead. Just like what necromancers to control the zombies, atm though you have no control.

I understand this may extend the turns and may be a programing nightmare, but having a little control over the AI allies would allow for much more advanced strategy when attacking a defensive army.

Thanks for your time.
    Spannna likes this.
  2. Wizard9er Private

Message Count:
    Perhaps this could be added as an extra skill, like Advanced Necromancy or Advanced Animal Training...

Getting the basic skill at first allows the AI controlled version like normal
    Getting the advanced version later allows a little more control
    Leveling the skill again would allow complete control

Perhaps? Maybe?
    FlaminGallahs2089 likes this.
  3. Matex Private

Message Count:
    Would be nice if they even follow the person they're attached to. On some maps they just keep moving left and right every turn and don't ever leave the starting location.
  4. Wizard9er Private

Message Count:
    My Wardogs seem to follow pretty well, and even usually hide when I hide, but they are simple dogs so sometimes they just move a few paces too far and I get to watch them get shot.

Every dog chases squirrels so I think the AI is working, it would just be nice to earn the ability to have more control or even specialty armor for the animals
  5. FlaminGallahs2089 Private

Message Count:
    Yeah the one time I had a wardog he was pretty good, actually saved my characers life by sacrificing himself, RIP.
    But zombies even though they are controlled by the will of the necro just mindlessly walk towards/ charge the enemy,
    I stopped using them caus they werent really helping me in battles.