AI shooting through walls

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by farseer, Dec 11, 2018.

1. farseer Private

Message Count:
    Was playing a game last night with my Undead against an AI Reikland warband with multiple Hochland long rifles. I kept getting shot by an unseen model, but as I closed in to a point where I would have to have seen the model, I realized that it was on the other side of a keep tower that is in the corner of the map, shooting straight through it. Needless to say this prevented my win as he had clear line of sight the whole time.

I think it was the Raven Barracks map. It has a ruined keep in the middle of the map. It tried to get a screenshot of the action, model placement etc, but saved the wrong image by accident. Attached is a screenshot from that actual game, but it's of the wrong corner of the keep. I marked on the uploaded screenshot where the shooter was in in relation to the tower he was behind in yellow and what direction he was shooting in red. There are two sides of wall on those towers, Hochland Long Rifle or not, this is not a Mag-rail from Goldenye!

Name of the screenshot is Screenshot_20181210-235057_Mordheim if it helps determine details for you. My warband's name is Rudigers Resurrection.

thanks for checking!
    Screenshot_20181210-235057_Mordheim.jpg
  2. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    Hi, thanks for reporting this issue. I've just got a few questions to help us find the cause. Were your characters on the upper levels of the keep or were they inside it? Have you ever experienced this problem on any other maps?
  3. farseer Private

Message Count:
    I confirmed by playing again last night that it was indeed on the Raven Barracks map.

My characters were not on a higher level. They were coming across the center of the map from the side of the map opposite of the keep. I guess it would be considered inside the center of the keep ruins or in the courtyard area of the keep? The AI faction started the match behind the keep, right around around the area of the ladder in the screenshot. The AI character who was shooting was behind the tower which I guess would have been towards the bottom right of the screenshot I provided, if I have the angle correct.

I have never encountered this bug before. If I have an option to play that map again tonight I will screenshot again and edit it with detail of where things were.
    thanks!
  4. farseer Private

Message Count:
    Ok i played Ravens Barracks map again and here are some screenshots of what was going on.

The Yellow Dot is where the shooter was. The Yellow Arrow shows which direction he was shooting in. The Blue Arrow shows where his final shots were going after the rest of my warband in the keep area was wiped out. The Orange Dots are where the other AI characters moved to. The Red dots are are about where my characters were. The Red Arrow shows which direction I was moving from -> to. Unfortunately I do not know wht the actual scenario was when this bug happened.

Hope this helps!
    Screenshot_20181214-101512_Mordheim Raven Barrack Shooter Angle.jpg Screenshot_20181214-101501_Mordheim Raven Barrack Side Angle.jpg Screenshot_20181214-101454_Mordheim Raven Barrack Advance Angle.jpg
  5. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    I've experienced this issue was well on this map. I did post in an older thread. It also occurs on the map the is used in the Executioner, Market Square, and Statue. I believe all of these are based on the same map. But there is a wall on one building where you can get shot through even though it's clear that you are behind the wall.