Alliance System (science fiction) ;)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Dorsai, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    Hi all :)

so... i want to describe a "concept"... i understand that it is just a HUGE work... maybe it will never happen... but... maybe it will :) maybe it will give the programming stuff some ideas or maybe they will throw away the topic :p

yet here an idea of a nice alliance system for "tactics"

DEFINITION
    Alliance = players who grouped together to make something "bigger"

BORROWING UNITS
    each member of the alliance can (or must depending of alliance mood) attribuate a given number of units for "alliance defence"... each time a player is attacker, he can pick 1/3 of his slots as "additional slots" from these units

Exemple : player1 has 6 slots = 6 units. He is attacked. when the opponent has deployed his units, he has the same "deploy" screen with a pool he can pick up to 2 units from (1/3 of 6).

MATCH FOR RESSOURCES
    There are some big maps of "strategical interst"... A part of a town with a nuclear power plant, a part of anther town with some mineral ressources etc...

The battle is just "normal"... one offending, one defening. But the difference is that the "sides" can be composed from up to 5 players (so 10 players in total) on a much bigger map.

The winner gets the control (for as long as he can hold ;) ) of the ressource

example : Alliance 1 wins controle of the town with nuclear power plant. All members of the alliance gain +3 energy for as long as the town is in their possession.

KEEPING THE GAME ALIFE
    The main point in a game, as always, is NOT only the developpemnt... but also to keep it alive.
    for this u need a community of players (alliance)... and you need new content each time (new maps, town parts etc)... I think it will improve the game' longevity HUGELY. And if to take into account the huge work of developpement a game is... it is a fair investissement ;)
    OverWatch likes this.
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    An alternative game mode in Tactics is very exciting and it could be brilliant, this idea sounds cool and I loved reading into and I've quickly suggested it to one of the developers to just give him an insight :) I've added this of to my logs of suggestions and will put it forward to the team. It would need some changes though as you have to take into account the game is turn based and works on a timer, which has an affect on anything of this level. And we're pretty much talking about making a new game here so it would be one heck of a big job like you've said. Very interesting and cool idea though, if we could get this sort of variety of games in Tactics in the future it would be awesome :) If you have any small ideas on how to improve the game then please put them forward. We are looking for small, day jobs that will have an impact on our community :)
  3. Hardcore Hamster Corporal

Message Count:
    Is Tactics the sort of game though with different lobbys and modes like TDM? I can't see it happening. Maybe some sort of variety to the games though I dont know what
  4. BenjiBands Private

Message Count:
    I think it could be cool, probably would take them ages to get something like this though
  5. billybob Private

Message Count:
    Nice idea sounds awesome :)
  6. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    I had an idea how to make the "implementation" rather easy... (ok... easier ;)))

1) create a second server
    2) publish mission on first server account
    3) if player(s) accept, the UNITS (just units) are copied to second server (with different maps etc)
    4) if player wins, ressources and bonus are added to first account

it is also a nice way to isolate server work.

what is the tech staff thinking about this solution? ;)
  7. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

The tech staff will take a look at this when they get the chance, they're all very very busy at the moment and I briefly mentioned your concept to them the other day and they did like it a lot, but right now we can't implement such a feature. We are still concentrating on getting the core gameplay features finished, keep up with the awesome ideas though! If you've got any small ideas then let me know ;)