Any chance we'll see Magic?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Enkmar, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Enkmar Private

Message Count:
    I haven't heard anything about this so I thought I'd ask. Seems like a cool feature, but I could understand if it would introduce too many new elements to the established game you've already built. Finding a Bright Wizard in the tavern one night would be cool!
    morjax likes this.
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Magic will definitely be in the game! It'll take some time to accomplish, but as part of our release schedule, magic is on there for sure.
    Enkmar and morjax like this.
  3. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    If it's anything like Mordheim: City of the Damned, I'm in for a world of hurt (blast you, Tzeetchy-poo's curse!! Foils me every time!)
  4. Enkmar Private

Message Count:
    That is seriously awesome news. I've never enjoyed or gotten so excited over any Android game before. I tip my hat to you and the rest of the team making this game, Overwatch. Sincerely, you guys are making a tremendously fun game.
    OverWatch and morjax like this.
  5. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Hear, hear!
  6. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    Id like to see magic characters but I dont know how theyll will be done. In the original certain warbands and certain mercenaries had a random magic power and you randomly acquired more through experience. Casting magic...well its a die roll to keep from having your soul eating by daemons.

Since all the mercenaries are cash-only I see that a major problem with mercenary wizards are only for people that pay cash.
  7. Enkmar Private

Message Count:
    Hey Chaosticket, they explained before how the cash or fate mercenaries don't have anything that you can't get for yourself - they're just leveled up, armored characters, so I doubt they'd sell wizards for cash per character. Maybe as some mini expansion, the way we will have to pay for factions, maybe we'd have to pay to unlock wizards?
  8. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    Pay for additional content. You mean a patch they charge money for?
  9. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Patch's are free. New warbands are not.
  10. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    Good to know everyone should quit before then.

Making magic and entire warbands exclusively pay-to-win makes this game a test-demo.
  11. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Err no, it makes it the same as real mordheim where you need to buy more miniatures!

Also this game is advert free, how where you expecting them to pay for making more warbands if they have no real income?

It was made quite clear to me, before I downloaded the app, that the DLC would be paid for.

It also means you can pick and chose which warbands you want to have access to.
  12. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Like Etherkye has stated, you will be required to pay for DLC - which will be new Warbands. The new Warbands will come with unique equipment, unique skills, and in some cases will have their own creatures that you can use on the battlefield.

We do, however, have lots of free content planned as updates for the future. Like new environments for example.

In no way are we forcing people to purchase anything, and it certainly isn't pay-to-win. We appreciate everyone taking the time out to play the game, we're putting in a tremendous amount of work to ensure that this is going to be a great experience for everyone.

If you want to contribute towards the development without paying for future DLC, just continue to leave us feedback! We do appreciate everything the community does to help.
  13. Marquand Major

Message Count:
    But Bright Wizards were not around in those days cause Colleges of Magic were not founded yet:p
  14. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    There are magic users way back in this era but theyre underground practitioners.