App Fails to open

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Bizteck, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Bizteck Private

Message Count:
    Hi all after a long absence. I started playing again.
    I was still on version 1.6.8...something everything was fine then the app stopped loading on the Tap to start Screen it woud hang. That started about 3 days ago.

Went to the app store ... updated the app to 1.7.0.1008 but the app still hangs on that page.

Restarted the ipad .... same

Offloaded the app reinstalled ......same

Left the ipad for over 2 hours in case it was just Reallllly slow and ..... nada.

Ipad ios 11.4.1 and has been for a while now.

No other apps seem to be misbehaving atm.

Other than completely deleting the app Im out of options and I really dont want to loose my 3 warbands.. one which belongs to my son ( the Plastic crack addiction it being passed on :) )
  2. Bizteck Private

Message Count:
    Oh not that it counts I have deleted my BETA app as I wanst contributing as much as I would like. so I cant test if its loading from there.
  3. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    Well I'm not a iOS expert, or Legendary employee, but I'm pretty sure that all the warbands are automatically backed up to their server under your account information. So if you want to try a complete deletion and reinstall, then everything should still be there when you get back. (Just have to click the "Download" button at warband selection.)
    Bizteck and Amaan Shawkath like this.
  4. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Did you play around 7 months ago? I found a warband called "dark elevs" which belongs to user Bizteck IRL. Your warbands should be backed up to the server so you won't lose your 3 warbands.

So the app hangs on the Tap to Start screen? Does it eventually crash giving you the mordheim closed unexpectantly message or does it do nothing on that page?

I would try fully removing the app and reinstalling it. I can see 4 warbands backed up, they were backed up on the 21st March of this year, dark, and the others were backed up 10th Febuary with the names:
    • Dark elevs
    • Middenheim Mercenaries
    • Biztecks Bullets
    • Middenheim Mercenaries
    Bizteck likes this.
  5. Bizteck Private

Message Count:
    Ahh Thank you. I may of found the reason. But not necessarily an ideal solution.
    I redownloaded the BETA to try to see if it worked.

On the Original APP it would just Hang on the start screen for HOURS never closing.

On the BETA I got a message saying the game center was taking a long time to open.

I decided too turn the Game Center off and now on both apps I get a warning that I need to log into game centre to buy FATE coins but if I dismiss the message and not log in the app they both open as normal.

Funny thing is due to work issues about 80% of the time I (We) have to play the game in Flight mode. The game center never gave me issues before about logging in. But that might be a factor.

So conclusion there is an issue with the game centre and the app. It seems to only effect Mordheim. Thankfully the beta gave me a warning or I would of never of figured it out.

Im very busy atm so I will try to mess around with relogging into the game centre later in the week.

The Dark elves are my sons Warband thats the one most important to save. it should of changed significantly in the last 2 weeks.

Thanks all for the info I will try to update later in the week.
    Amaan Shawkath likes this.