Arcane Lore

Mork

Corporal
Hi, my Reikländer Captain just got Arcane Lore and learnt his first spell "Luck of Shemtek" via the Tome of Magic".
But now he has only a spell cast chance of - 1%.
Because there seems to be a spell cast penalty if he wears armour, I made him lay down everything, his armour, his helmet, his shield and even the axe.
But still he has only a spell cast chance of - 1%... what's wrong? :(

Adam Smith

Lead Software Developer
Staff member
Hi Mork, thanks for reporting.

Can you tell me the name of the warband you're experiencing this issue with please? I'll take a look at your warband data and investigate the issue.

Adam Smith

Lead Software Developer
Staff member
Thanks for that Mork.

I've taken a look at your warband and tried to replicate the error described by removing the armour and unfortunately I can't get it to happen. This might be related to a long standing issue with item equipping that means the data isn't refreshed properly.

In the meantime, reloading the game after the issue occurs should be enough to clear it.

Mork

Corporal
Ok, but I definitely have not only to remove the armour but also the helmet and the shield?
How big is the concrete armour-penalty?

Adam Smith

Lead Software Developer
Staff member
Your total defence value will count as a penalty to your cast chance. Your captain had a defence value of 51, whereas the base cast chance of Luck of Shemtek is 50%.

Mork

Corporal
The last few days I fiddled about the defence value and noticed, that every kind of equipped defence causes a penalty, even a padded cowl.
Shouldn't it be that way, that only items made of steel have a negative influence on magic?