Archery broken or walls

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Raptor, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Raptor Private

Message Count:
    Just now I had a game: pink orks vs. Peelers
    in which both archers were shooting through a solid wall. I've seen impossible shots more often but this was just too obvious to ignore or explain away.

And my report has nothing to do with the fact that this got my warrior killed whom I had just bought a cuiras for *fails horribly at looking innocent and sweet*.
  2. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    Screenshots of the culprit wall would no doubt be helpful to the devs if you've got them. Also the name of the map and approximate location would be of use, I suspect.
  3. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Hey. Just saying, but we haven't heard a peep from the dev team regarding bugs and fails etc in a while. Are they very busy on another stage of the game, or just not being made aware of the amount of issues piling up? just saying that some feedback would be a bit of a relief for us players.
    I'm fairly sure that whether or not every detail of every mishap are precisely recounted, they'd probably like to have a general idea of what's working and what's not. I've handed out some very precise information regarding some serious bugs that appears, repeat appears, to not have been taken seriously because I didn't have the version number handy (which hasn't updated in three weeks, so I'm fairly certain the inbetweener could work it out).
    Some of the commonly occurring glitches just aren't screenshot-able. There's little point in sending a shot of the "caught on the wall edge and spinning round in circles" bug, since that relays absolutely no relevant information about what is occurring. It needs to be caught by the team, or recorded somehow. I'll try next time it happens to GreyWhen, but it will be a device recording another devices screen, so I can't guarantee a quality result.
    On the other hand, I noticed they fixed the spelling at Rat Catcher's Alley. So, that's good.

Groats,
    W
  4. Raptor Private

Message Count:
    But wait... there's more!

Just now... Reikland Mercenaries vs. Reikland.
    Throughout the game their archers are capable of making shots (and hitting and critting) where I'm not even allowed to shoot at all (presumably) because there's no line of sight. Barring arrow slits such a thing is not possible and given the situation I should have been able to shoot at them as well. They're literally just standing there in plain view, in range, they can shoot at me, but I can't shoot them (yes 1 of them was in cover, but with more than enough exposed to make it a doable shot).

How should I screenshot this? First the coding of the app doesn't allow my phone to do so the normal way.
    Second I could make a screenshot of my archers not being allowed to shoot but it wouldn't prove anything.... or screenshot the damage done on my archers, but again... how would that help?
    I could make a series of them I guess.

I'm getting a bit annoyed with how many bugs there are in archery and even more so because the glitches appear to favor the AI.
  5. Adam Smith Games Programmer

Message Count:
    Can you tell me what maps you've experienced these issues on please?
  6. Buggritt Corporal

Message Count:
    They definitely could have worked it out but it's best practice to include the version number at all times. It's not just for immediate debugging but also for future reference. For example if they change something later that causes this bug again it would be really handy to look at your report and check the notes for that version number rather than go 'gah pants, what version were we on in October '17?'
    I don't think it was taken any less seriously and I'm certain they appreciated you attaching the version number immediately. I know I fething would in their position ;)
  7. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    i suppose, given not everyone updates their program. There's some who use old versions to exploit. So, yeah, I guess the date wasn't enough to pinpoint version number. Still, I hope old mate can figure out how to do some of the cataloguing of info the old fashioned way.
    Buggritt likes this.