Are Blunderbusses impacted by BS?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Shangular, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    Does the damage calculation for this item also work the same way as any other attack (i.e. higher BS gives high probability of doing damage)?
  2. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    It’s not as much high BS that impacts damage, but high Hit Chances. Clearly, there’s a relation between BS and Hit%, but what I mean is, even with a very high BS, if you use your blunderbuss after running, on a target that also ran, that is in cover and at maximum range, your Hit% will be very low and it’s more than likely you’ll score 0 damage even if you hit (and just 1 if lucky).

Check out this page : http://mordheim-warband-skirmish.wikia.com/wiki/Combat
  3. Trapsinger Brigadier

Message Count:
    I'm pretty certain that blunderbuss isn't a BS attack, it's a "spell" mechanically.
  4. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Mmm... makes sense. But from experience, every time I use blunderbuss to target an enemy I already had a pretty low % to hit with my ranged weapon, the attack either fails or deal pretty low damage (0 or 1). Maybe just coincidence, but that’s what lead me to believe it used BS, somehow. Maybe a developer can confirm?
  5. Trapsinger Brigadier

Message Count:
    I'm pretty certain because during testing no damage reported "no effect" instead of "miss" and I made them change it so it didn't sound like a spell when you shot it.
  6. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    The to hit calculation for the blunderbuss is the same as other ranged weapons so higher BS does give a higher probability of dealing damage :)
    Fistandantilus and Cyberaddict like this.
  7. Trapsinger Brigadier

Message Count:
    Oops! I was wrong. I apologize for providing bad information.
  8. Fistandantilus Corporal

Message Count:
    Good to know I thought it wasnt related...