Artellery (balance)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Dorsai, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    Hello all,

i just started to "play arround" with artellery... for now i can tell that its a waste of money and time. It is clearly underpowered...

Maximum 10 damage -> Missile do the same
    Maximum 9 Range --> Missile Range = 8

Both can take down walls etc (arty seems faster here...)
    BUT

Arty CANT move alone
    Has "minimum range" in shooting
    CANT shoot in the air

maybe creating some extra "abilities" for this unit ? because for now i have the impression to have wasted 28K of ressources ;)
    KillerK1ng likes this.
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    What sort of abilities do you suggest then for this unit? We don't have much experience with artillery but if you've thought of a way to improve it then please suggest! Or do you think a simple price drop is needed?
  3. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    I can think about 2 things...

- Bonus damage against buildings
    - Area Damage (plain damage at center, 50% adjacant)

pricedrop i don't think it's necessary if u add one of these... but for now it is just a destroyed tube in my hanger i don't even want to repair ;)
    OverWatch likes this.
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Okay Cool, I've noted this and I'll pass it on to the developers :)
  5. KillerK1ng Corporal

Message Count:
    Just to remind you overwatch and dorsai to show you an old thread post by an older user and his opinions on artillery are quite similar to yours:

6. KillerK1ng Corporal

Message Count:
    This was when artillery was cheaper and as a result of this post they put the price up... js ;)
  7. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Hmm maybe the artillery does need some major work... Though we managed to fix it the first time around!
  8. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    I am lost... his opinion was similar to mine and the price INCREASED? :p sounds... weird :p should have droped ;)

I am using missile and arty often now... and... i am fed up of them. Once they are distroyed they will remain like this. they are just way too vulnerable and slow to repair.

A balance could also be to put repair speed much lower... which at least would enable us to raid more than once each 4hr ;)
  9. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Okay thanks for that it seems like something that needs looking into pretty urgently! We don't want unhappy customize with their recent unlocks ;)
  10. Hardcore Hamster Corporal

Message Count:
    Never used artillerry but I always thought rockets were the cheaper... better version?
  11. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    they are all very fragile... i come back to the classics... run to target and destroy ;)
  12. billybob Private

Message Count:
    I just swarm the harvester normally with troopers. it works most times but can be costly :)