Attacking Hidden Characters

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Gurslak, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    In a couple of games I've played recently and with different warbands I've had hidden members be attacked by the SO controlled warbands as if they had been charged.
    What happens is this; I hide my warband, the AI controlled character moves directly to a hidden member, revealing them and then proceedes to attack them in melee. No xx is charging message appears and my character is definitely hidden before the AI character moves.
  2. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    The AI can't attack a hidden target but will walk towards you, like a player seeing the footsteps effects, to try and find you. This is why they wait to find you before they try and attack your character.
  3. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    Thank you for telling me something didn't happen, when I saw it.
    1) I was hidden
    2) Enemy character walked up to a hidden character
    3)Hidden character is revealed
    4) The very same enemy character attacks my newly revealed character

Now I was under the impression that you can't attack a character unless you charge them, I've certainly never been able to do so. Oh and the AI always finds me, I can be hidden in the same spot all game without moving and they know exactly where I am, this is however besides the point.
  4. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    Link to alert you to above response.
  5. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    I worded my response a bit abruptly, didn't mean to imply it didn't happen. I tried replicating this on my device but couldn't get the same issue to occur. Could you confirm the following, please?

1. Did the AI character walk or sprint?
    2. Was it a ranged or melee attack?
    3. Can you remember the name of the AI warband you were up against?
    4. Is it possible he had the initiative advantage going into the next turn?

Thanks in advance, I'll try to get this replicated.
  6. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    No worries, I'm sure I could have worded my response better too.

This has happened to me twice and against different warbands, unfortunately I can't remember either name correctly.

1) Walked on both occasions
    2)Melee attack with hooked halberd and melee attack & Pistol Attack
    3) First was a Skaven band, but can't remember the name. Second was Reikland Mercenaries under that name
    4) The Skaven had initiative but it was the start of the turn. The Reikland Mercenaries also had initiative the following turn and was also acting at the beginning if the round.

On both occasions the AI character didn't just move close enough to reveal me, but ended their movement adjacent to my character as if they had charged.