Back after 5 years. What changed and is it worth playing now?

I played Mordheim Warband Skirmish back in 2017. Checking if its worth coming back?

1 Back when I started there were only the Reikland, Middenheim, and Marienburg warbands. The Middenheim and Marienburg warbands were actually free back then.
There are a ton of new warbands. 2 kinds of Undead, 2 kinds of Chaos Cultists, Skaven, Orcs, Sisters, Witch Hunters, Dwarves and Halflings too?

2 Back then the only Hired Sword was the Pit Fighter. Now there are alot.

3 Skill increases boosted stats between 2-7, and 2-4 for wounds. Looking at things now all increases became averaged out at 5, or 3 for wounds. This means that pre-patched warbands can actually be stronger than current warbands. How Odd.

Looking up the wiki page and seeing you cannot have 1 captain and 7 henchmen anymore. Even more odd.

So I would not be able to recreate my old warbands now. The stat increases have been lowered, Middenheim and Marienburg are now barred from me, and Reikland lost all the Speed Skills. I wouldnt be able to have 8 members of a warband.

If there was a new goal it would be to unlock all the new warbands. I dont quite know how to unlock them. How do I gain Fate Points and a lot?

I played Mordheim Warband Skirmish back in 2017. Checking if its worth coming back?

1 Back when I started there were only the Reikland, Middenheim, and Marienburg warbands. The Middenheim and Marienburg warbands were actually free back then.
There are a ton of new warbands. 2 kinds of Undead, 2 kinds of Chaos Cultists, Skaven, Orcs, Sisters, Witch Hunters, Dwarves and Halflings too?

2 Back then the only Hired Sword was the Pit Fighter. Now there are alot.

3 Skill increases boosted stats between 2-7, and 2-4 for wounds. Looking at things now all increases became averaged out at 5, or 3 for wounds. This means that pre-patched warbands can actually be stronger than current warbands. How Odd.

Looking up the wiki page and seeing you cannot have 1 captain and 7 henchmen anymore. Even more odd.

So I would not be able to recreate my old warbands now. The stat increases have been lowered, Middenheim and Marienburg are now barred from me, and Reikland lost all the Speed Skills. I wouldnt be able to have 8 members of a warband.

If there was a new goal it would be to unlock all the new warbands. I dont quite know how to unlock them. How do I gain Fate Points and a lot?
Perhaps try playing Necromunda instead ;)

SOB

Shangular

General
It’s still a great game and imo better than 5 years ago. The PvP monthly event was added, many new warbands, new rules to help balance like the 90 pct test cap and horde assist. Unfortunately the player base has dwindled since back then. Not surprising since this game is 7 years old and there are many mobile options out there.

But it remains a great game to always casually come back to.

Well as an Update I did come back and I am presently playing. Still worried about not being able to have my old warband skills available due to the patches. I depended on the Speed Skills that I cannot use anymore. Now I think of Reikland has been relegated to a Master of None started warband for new players.

Im trying to grind up Fate from the Temple to unlock Marienburg if possible. After that I dont really know what to do.

Until then Im testing things out. Maybe Ill try to acquired Hired Swords if I can grind for enough gold. Maybe if I can get 4000-5000gold I can hire 4 Elf Rangers. Are Hired Swords just like Henchmen but with a really high recruitment cost in exchange for free equipment and possibly higher starting stats? Do Hired Swords start at level 1?

Shangular

General
Yes they’re like specialized henchmen and start at level 1. There are limits to how many you can have for certain ones like Sigmar priest or augurs for example but other than that function like any other henchmen.