Balance and Progression

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prabdeep Bazaz, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:
    campaign-map1.png

When we launched, we let the table top version guide us very heavily on how to rate warbands and how to set up locations for matchmaking. This has served us well, but it has resulted in some matches being too easy/hard and players have been asking for a campaign system to give a greater sense of progression. We have been working hard on this update for the last few months that combines these two features.
    The latest update has a more sophisticated rating system, better matchmaking and a new way of unlocking new areas of the city as and when your warband is ready to face the challenges there.

Head over to the appstore right now to download the latest update http://onelink.to/75hkpy! Comment down below on your thoughts on the update.
    Keovar, CuliDuri and Amaan Shawkath like this.
  2. CuliDuri Corporal

Message Count:
    Yeeeaah! Goodbye social life...
  3. Greg Private

Message Count:
    Is anyone else having this same problem after the new update? After battles and gaining experience points enough to move up a level I go to the camp to do apply the new skill and it doesn’t recognize it like it did before. Most of my Warband is now been cheated a skill level.
    CribbyCrubby likes this.
  4. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    The update isnt showing up as available on my device.
    I aint a tech head so have no idea why, has it released on all devjces and countries?

Edit: It must of automatically downloaded when I clicked the link.
    So far loving everything about this new update, thanks for this great game and support throughout and continuous updates.
  5. CribbyCrubby Private

Message Count:
    Yeah I noticed that too. I didn’t know if it was intentional or not.
  6. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    I too am having issues with the XP not matching, I hope it is just a visual graphic error and not actually a miscalculation.
  7. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    Here's my take on the recent update (I've also downloaded the fix yesterday for the XP no showing up issue).

New maps: Thank you for adding the Library, Stenhart Palace, and the Pit. I now have all those achievements :) I wish there was a unique map to represent the Pit instead of re-using a prior one since this is supposed to be the end all of the campaign. Having a map with a huge crater in the middle would be cool. Perhaps in a future update? It's nice being able to get 12 shards from the map though.

Power Rating matchup vs Warband rating: Overall I like it. To try to experience the campaign, I tried starting a new warband and found that it's now a lot harder to have a single warrior warband. This is good as it plays more like the table-top version. Also I like the XP bonuses when low levels take out a high level. After implementing the recent fix, it looks like all my warrior levels were reduced, most likely to matchup with the new experience charts. I appears that all the skills they had are still there, but I noticed that the level ups that they acquired from the update (prior to the fix) aren't accounted for? I know one of my warriors did level up before the visual bug was fixed and he didn't have a skill point after I loaded the fix?

Ambush: Although it's a lot of fun prior hiding and shooting everyone that comes in range, I understand the need for the fix and it aligns with the same fix for the close combat skill that gives you free auto-attacks.

Campaign: I wish there was more of a reward than simply +2 wyrdstone and a new map. Perhaps a unique gear after levels of progression and perhaps after completing the Pit?

Overall great job! Looking forward to the Witch-Hunters and of course Ogres (I probably should start buy the equipment now and saving it)
  8. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
  9. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    The new matchmaking system is awful. I'm either getting no xp because I'm considered too high (A captain with hand are & bow & a Marksman with knife & Longbow neither levelled up vs 4 knife wielding humans, how am I that far ahead?) Or I'm the massive underdog, captain lost his marksman, gained an Elven Longbow and is now facing 4 humans one marksman with Longbow and 3 with sword & shield. Neither are remotely fair and clearly due to the new system of including gear.

Also, I've noticed a lot more 'bad luck' happening in games, a string of unlikely misses and a guy shot on his own or in combat with multiple opponents will always fail his leadership test.

I'm hugely disappointed and its almost making the game unplayable at early levels.
  10. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    I have to agree wholeheartedly with @Gurslak

The ranking and matchmaking is horrendous for low and in some cases mid to high levels. Currently only one of my warbands has an easy time of it.

I created a new Reik warband (two members) and like Gurslak found, I either get zero xp or just get wiped. Battling at this level is utterly tedious.

Also found HUGE discrepancies that make no sense at all with the ranking on some of my higher established warbands..

My Vampire (level 25) leveled up so I got him the Charge skill.. WOW HUGE MISTAKE... my warband rating went from a manageable 1847 to an utterly stupid 2592... All because of a theoretical increase in my WS stat from the base of 68 to the possible 83 when I charge.

My last battle was against a Warband with every member in Gromil armor, 5 of which were marksman with hockland long rifles and the remaining 3 with melee (2h) weapons.. Needless to say I got my ass handed to me.. and my Vampire killed outright (requiring me to spend $$ to keep him in the game).

Please look at matchmaking / ranking! It's too broken for words right now and will cause people to rage quit.
  11. Kendofarfar Private

Message Count:
  12. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    Hi Kendo

I found another post in the bug section re lost skill points. See below mate.

Ewan Lamont
    Administrator
    Message Count:
    Hi Guys

Anyone with direct concerns about skill points missing direct message us on admin@legendary-games.com with your user name and warbandname. We will look at the logs and see if you have missed any points. We changed to a new XP system where players start with less xp and you get variable rewards but the end of battle screen was tracking against the old system.
    Ewan Lamont, Sunday at 7:26 PM Report#24LikeReply
    Wizard9er and CuliDuri like this.
    Kendofarfar likes this.
  13. Kendofarfar Private

Message Count:
    Deadhiel likes this.
  14. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    Sad to say.. until the next patch comes out, I'm quitting Mordheim.. loved the game pre patch!! I rarely if ever pvp as the matches are too slow and half the time I get disconnected so I mostly only play PvE. Now with the ranking system as is.. only one of my warbands works, the rest get stomped.. I've had to use $$ for fate to resurrect dead team members time and again and it's just not fun anymore. I'll still lurk on the forums in the hope that some good news will arrive but for now.. I'm done with MWS
  15. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. We are continually looking at ways to improve Mordheim, I'll be sure to mention the points you brought up on our Monday catch up sessions.

I hope you give us a second chance :)
    Deadhiel likes this.
  16. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    I too have started a new Warband, where I do enjoy a good challenge, I also feel the unbalanced ranking system might some how need to be adjusted.

I am trying to research this as best I can, but I believe some of the older Warbands from before the update might be Over Powered now after the update.

For example, the Captain of my main Warband was level 47 before the update, and now he is only level 34, so it seems like he might have 13 extra skills points. So if there are other old Warbands floating around with extra skill points, that might explain why we get so easily killed most of the time.

Like I mentioned, I started over with a new Warband, this way I can try to get my new Captain to level 34 like my old Captain so I can compare their skills... However, with the difficulty, it is taking longer than expected.

Is there an average amount of Skill Points a Riekland Captain should have at level 34?
  17. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    Here is an example of what might be out of balance:-

Marksmen start with 3 skill points when you hire them brand new at the Tavern
    18vs24part2.png 18vs24part2.png

Next, this Veteran Marksman was level 24 before the update, and is now only level 18 after the update. Skill points I spent on this character are as follows:

- Combat:= 1 point
    - Shooting:= 9 points
    - Strength:= 7 points
    - Speed:= 8 points

= 25 points in total

Now to find the difference:
    25 Total points
    - 3 points for Marksmen starting stats
    - 18 for current Level
    = 4 Extra Skill Points

18vs24.png
    18vs24.png
    Deadhiel likes this.
  18. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    Great post @Wisard9er!

Also there appears to be very odd weighting on how much each skill changes the ranking. For example if I purchase Wyrdstone Hunter, Streetwise and Haggle my ranking remains the same. When I purchased Charge (as mentioned above) my ranking went up considerably.

Another thing to note, individual Levels don't count towards the ranking at all.
  19. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    Here are the first two match ups my new Reik captain has faced, he's brand new with no new skill points and equipped with only a Burgher Hat, Longbow & Spear.
  20. Gurslak Corporal

Message Count:
    Well apparently an in-game screenshot is too large to upload. First warband was undead with2 x ghoul, Necro, dire wolf & Vampire, sounds fair, right?
    Second was up against Reik mercs, alas it consisted of a wizard, a Longbow captain, repeater crossbow marksman and 3 warriorsbin various arms & armour. Again, real fair.

Now, one issue may be because I'm only running a captain and they want to discourage this, well just implement a warband size limit. I also don't want to run a solo warbands, but I'm not going to hire members with junk stats either.