Brighten the in-map shards, please.

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Keovar, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    I have vision issues that lenses don't correct. The on-map shards are dim & hard to see, and for a while I didn't even see that there was a stone graphic in the middle of the shining circle. Crates & chests are much easier to spot, so it would be great if the on-map shards had an accessible level of brightness too.

Leaving them harder to spot for people with imperfect vision doesn't make the game more challenging, only more annoying. Obviously I can spend a few extra minutes searching the map in tight zoom mode to see them all, it's just enough of a PITA that I've ended up avoiding the 'gather' missions. In PvP, searching the map that closely means my opponent also ends up waiting, so it would be better for everyone if the in-map shards showed up as clearly as the crates & chests do.

On the topic of hunting for shards on the map, it could also be cool to have the 'Wyrdstone Hunter' skill help. Maybe just put a little arrow on the portrait circle of the selected character showing the direction to the nearest shard, relative to the selected character and the map rotation. There's no indication on the mission results screen to show how many fewer shards would have been found without the skill, so giving Wyrdstone Hunter a sort of compass effect would show that the skill is making a difference.
  2. Igenham Corporal

Message Count:
    +1. Even for me who has better than average vision, finding the shards can be a bit of a pain. There have been several times when I have missed them because they are hard to spot, especially when hiding behind buildings.

So, brighter or more visible shards would be nice.
  3. Matex Private

Message Count:
    Yeah sometimes the building can hide them, especially. When they're near the edge of building. Sometimes. I'll see a shard I couldn't find when the enemy moves. Not world ending but it's first rating doing the initial survey of a map to find the shards and only being able to find 3 of the 4 available