Bug: Accuracy on Dual Pistols/Handbows?

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Trapsinger, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    I'm not sure if this is a real bug or not, but there is an accuracy stat on ranged weapons, including the ranged weapons that you equip main hand like pistols and handbows. However, I think accuracy only applies to ranged attacks, and not melee, so i'm pretty sure the accuracy stat on the "dual" version of these weapons doesn't actually do anything, right?

however, whether it does anything or not, it's impossible to update the display value from "training" to "mastery" because it doesn't seem to fall into any weapon category.
  2. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    This is a good question. I've always wondered what stats are applied when a pistol/handbow/warp pistol is used in close combat when pushing the fist button. I assume that it used the model's strength and not the weapon's strength? So if the above is true that those printed stats are only for ranged attacks, is close combat then based on the model's strength with no modifier for defense?
  3. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    in tabletop you used the weapons strength when hitting in close combat, so I've always assumed that's what you did in this, and accuracy is just a stat they added for ranged combat only. But it's possible i'm wrong. I assume that the mechanics of hitting in melee with a ranged weapon are consistent in this, but the animations are not. The humans actually swing the pistol around and hit people with it like a mace, which would imply strength, but the skaven fire their warplock pistols...so...that's the opposite? who knows?