Bug : Blocked ladder/wall by a unit on the wrong floor

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Cyberaddict, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Pretty sure that's the Ruffeviertel Wells map...

In one of the corner of the map, there's a 3-floors building, atop which there's often a Shard or Treasure. There are 3 ways to get to the 2nd floor : a ramp, a ladder from inside the destroyed part and, if you have Rope & Hook, there's also a wall that can be escalated. This is where the identified bug is.

It's all well known that standing above a ladder or wall prevents one from climbing it (great trick for ranged unit, that can be totally safe from melee warriors). The bug is, my opponent only had ONE unit left, standing on the THIRD floor, but directly above the square that would block me from escalating the wall to the SECOND floor. Normally, my Skavens (6/6 Movement), can climb straight to the THIRD floor from the GROUND floor by that way. I tried that, but I was forced to go around by the ramp (the long way, that can't get me to the 3rd floor in one round).

So, the way I see it, standing on a different floor, but on the square just above the one that would block a ladder has the effect of effectively blocking it (as if the unit is standing on the square directly under it).

I noticed that bug too on the Troutviertel Smithy map (I think). Again, in one corner of the map, there's a 3-floor building, with the 3rd floor just above a wall that can be climbed with a Rope (from ground to 2nd floor). I had my Skaven completely blocked from going that way by a Warlock standing on the right spot, but on the wrong floor (third). I thought then that it was because of a very well hidden unit, but I couldn't find it in the following turns (going around the long way). I now understand that it was the exact same bug, but on a different map.

Please, Developers, put that on your to-do list. Thanks!
  2. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Am I the only one who experienced that bug? Can someone please confirm?
  3. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    We may try to construct this situation unnaturally, f.e. get in a match together, say I fly on top and you try climbing up. Scientific purposes justify our cause, what you say?
  4. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I agree. We just have to hope to get to the right map... let’s meet in Discord
  5. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Tested with CzaRus and bug is confirmed, and we found 2 evidences

1- he sent mage on 3rd floor, right above the ladder leading from ground to 2nd floor. Then he sent a unit at the bottom of ladder, ground floor, and mage on 3rd floor moved a bit, as if there was horizontal interference between units 2 floors away.

2- he moved ground unit away so I could try climbing the ladder, with two units firmly standing on 3rd floor, right above the top of the ladder. I couldn’t move there at all, and the shortest path was traced going all the way around.

I have a screenshot that I can post tomorrow, if need be. But I can tell you, 100% certain, that bug is confirmed.

Please, do something about it before people find a way to abuse it. I noticed it most probably for that reason : somebody found that out and was abusing it against me. Very not cool, clearly a bug.
    CzaRus likes this.
  6. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
  7. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    See pictures above (as promised).

First picture, I tried to tap the top of the ladder, to get there. Shortest path brings me all around.

Second picture, I tried to tap the ledge on the second floor (above and to the left of Ratabilly's portrait). Again, instead of making my Assassin climb the ladder to get there (which would be the shortest path, normally), he's forced to go the long way around. This, only because enemy units are standing on the 3rd floor, above the top of the ladder.

I hope my description of the bug is ample enough for you Developpers, and that this will be adressed soon to avoid potential players exploiting that bug.

Thanks.
  8. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:
    I've passed this over to the team, cheers.
    CzaRus and Cyberaddict like this.