Bug: Critical Hit Mechanics

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Trapsinger, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Trapsinger Brigadier

Message Count:
    I just had a guy who was strength 49 and using a Skull Splitter get a critical hit for 16 points of damage. Based on my understanding of combat mechanics that shouldn't be possible, his max base damage should have been 5, and max crit should have been 10, right?
  2. Cyberaddict Corporal

Message Count:
    I would also like to report a bug concerning the Critical Hit %. Mine is different than Trapsinger, however.

My Skaven Assassin, Ratabilly of the Hush Hush Die Die Warband, is equipped with a Straigth Sword (+5 Crit) and Throwing Stars (+35 Crit). His character sheet shows a Critical Hit score of 55 (base 15, +5, +35). I was under the impression that his Crit would have been 20 in melee, and 50 at range, but not constantly 55 (at both melee and range).

Is it just how it's reported on the character sheet, and the mechanic is intact? Or was it my understanding of the mechanic that was wrong to begin with? If that's the case, equipping Throwing Stars on all units to get 50+ Crit in melee is an insane strategy! (and probably better than using two handed weapons)