Bug: Halfling Cookbook

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Trapsinger, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    Hey, so I tested the cookbook in the beta build and it was fine, and it works fine on most of my live warbands.

But on my Marienburger band it's not applying it's reduction to gold cost for new troops. I've tried unequipping and reequiping it. I've closed and reopened the game. I've checked like 10 times to make sure it's on captain, and it is.

things I think might be contributing to problem:

1. My captain is not my starting captain, he's a promoted Marksman from when my captain died.
    2. My captain is not in the first position in my warband, he's in the second slot.

I tried moving the cookbook to the guy in first position, and that didn't work either, he's not the captain so it shouldn't, but I thought i'd try anyway.

Any ideas from other players on how to fix this?
  2. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    Update: I have now also tried deleting and redownloading the warband both with the cookbook equipped and not equipped. I still can't get it to apply to the gold cost of new troopers, and it's only for this one Marienburger warband. It works fine for my undead.

Things I have not yet tried:

Dismissing or having my current leader die (I'd really like to not do this, as he's a level 21 archer/wizard, and no guarantee it would work)
    Selling my current cookbook and buying a new one

can anyone think of anything else that might kick it into gear?
  3. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    Update tried selling the book and it took me three games to get a new one but it's still not working.

Taking three games for marienburger with all the leadership skills is very unusual though. I'm starting to think that none of his leadership abilities are working. Is it possible to have a captain that does't count as a leader?
  4. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    As I've now seen gromril armor over 1,100 gold, full plate over 500 gold, and rare items have shown up less and less, i'm now convinced that my leader is simply not applying any of his academic or leadership abilities outside of combat. Is there a way to fix my leader not being flagged as leader in post game?

Keep in mind that as i list these prices i'm playing marienburg, and I have streetwise and haggle, so gromril is usually in the 450 to 600 range, and full plate is usually 200 to 350, which is why i think none of these skills from my current captain.
  5. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    Hi Trapsinger, thanks for letting us know about this. Would it be possible for you to let us know the name of the warband you are experiencing issues with and the name of the character that should be your leader?
    Alex likes this.
  6. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    No Oscar in Discord =(

But for sure, I can do that. I'm playing the warband "Citizens of Marien Township" and my leader is "Toumas Rotenmunster" who is now also in the first position of the warband, as the only guy I had who was older died recently. Toumas is level 30 as I write this if that helps you nail him down, though I was about to play a game.
  7. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    Follow up question: Halfling cookbooks only work once per warband, and only when equipped to the leader, correct?
  8. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:

Yes, that is correct.
  9. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    DANG OSCAR, you are a fast one :)
  10. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:

:D