Bug Hunt - Loss of Connection

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by Overwatch, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Greetings everyone! It's time to go on a hunt.. for a bug.. a big bug.. which we've been tracking for a while! This bug is the last bug, however it is the bug of bugs! With Tactics official release date only round the corner its important we iron out this last threat and so, we need you to help us find it! We know what the bug is, but we don't know why its there or what makes it occur. The bug is : Loss of connection

It occurs at some point in the game but for a reason unknown. What happens is during a raid, after you have finished your go, it passes onto the AI's turn. Once the AI has finished all its moves the game stops on your turn preventing you from moving any troops or making any progress in the game. The only ways to get around this bug are by refreshing the page or to wait out the loading time so it passes onto the AI.

We believe the occurrence of this bug is due to weak internet connection especially on wireless. If you experience this bug please take note of all other factors this includes:

what troops/vehicles are developed
    last vehicle movement
    anything suspicious with the AI movement
    any ongoing animations/particle systems
    timer countdown

Bug hunters, UNITE!

Charlie
    Hardcore Hamster and Josh James like this.
  2. Hardcore Hamster Corporal

Message Count:
    Come to think of it, I've came into this bug once or twice and I had no idea what was going on. At one point I thought it was just me being silly but turns out its actually a bug lol
  3. BenjiBands Private

Message Count:
    I came across this the other weak. Wasn't sure what it was. Keeping an eye out for it as we speak.
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Great job team! We're still keeping an eye out for this and we haven't made much progress. We are confident we can eliminate the threat though!
  5. Ben Private

Message Count:
    i experienced something similar but just shrugged it off as a drop in my internet connection, now that i know its actually a bug i will keep an eye out for it.
  6. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Hi Ben, welcome! Okay awesome it is something thats BUGGING us so any help is appreciated.

See what I did there?
  7. null Corporal

Message Count:
    I have noticed that after hitting a base and bringing two or more wrecks home causes a glitch to happen that keeps me from unloading resources and moving my vehicles.
  8. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Hi Null, welcome!

Do you have any more information on this 'bug'? Is it something you can reproduce? And what do you mean by unloading resources? Thanks though, we'll look into this :)
  9. null Corporal

Message Count:
    hello, It can be reproduced. Resources are equal to harvesting or unloading, that is an option for the war drones if you salvage vehicles you toe home from a raid.
  10. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Okay thanks Null, This has been submitted to the devs now and they'll look into it :)
  11. null Corporal

Message Count:
    I'm having a hard time getting my energy to re-spawn. I should have 15 but its stuck at 10. Help me please.
  12. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Are the power plants destroyed and do you need to repair them after being raided? Take a screenshot of your base with the debugger open (f12 on google chrome) and go to the 'console' tab. this will tell us if anythings gone wrong :)
  13. null Corporal

Message Count:
    Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
    tactics.legendary-games.com/scripts/tactics/battle/view.js?bust=v52:527 world_process_recombine: 1903.000ms
    tactics.legendary-games.com/scripts/tactics/battle/view.js?bust=v52:552 viewLoad: 5679.000ms
    tactics.legendary-games.com/scripts/tactics/battle/view.js?bust=v52:494 setLoading: 5646.000ms
  14. null Corporal

Message Count:
    Every time I hit a base it recharges less and less.
  15. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    We'll have to look into this tomorrow, could be something :p
  16. null Corporal

Message Count:
    Dang, that is going to be a hard wait lol.
  17. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Have you checked to see if your powerplants are repaired? maybe they were injured in battle
  18. null Corporal

Message Count:
    I checked and they have full health.
  19. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Has this fixed itself? If not email me 'charliecammack@legendary-games.com' with a bit more info and stuff. might be able to work something out there :)
  20. null Corporal

Message Count:
    It's fixed, thanks!