Bug - shooting through walls

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Mike Retzlaff, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Mike Retzlaff Private

Message Count:
    I recently found a bug that got a character killed, an opforce character shooting through a building. Not just a clipping issue that allowed us to shoot each other despite a wall in the way, but an outright "cheat" situation with the opposing character repeatedly shooting through multiple walls in a building at my guy, but my guy not being able to/allowed to fire back. Is there any way this can be corrected, and can I get a resurrection out of this, as either the opposing gang file has been hacked or the game went goofy(not a PvP match, either).
  2. Lord Bl00d Private

Message Count:
    This has happened to me as well. Several times!
    You position your character completely out of sight in cover behind a building or behind a complete wall (no holes, windows or doorways) that is taller than them and that totally obscures them from the shooters...
    And he still gets shot by several riflemen and killed!
    Frankly it’s ridiculous, completely eliminates all enjoyment from the game.
    You take all the upgrades (eleven cloak, hidden in the shadows, dodge) and some poxy marksman with a measly 300gold coin item can ignore all your upgrades, doesn’t need line of sight, ignores your armour and repeatedly shoots you for 6 damage a time even though he can’t even see a target!

The whole game is about positioning, manoeuvring and use of cover!
    This sort of thing just breaks the game.

There’s just nothing you can do about it.
    Hiding out of sight, behind something, is literally the only thing most warbands can do when facing several Long rifles. If the walls don’t work you just can’t play the game!
  3. Lord Bl00d Private

Message Count:
    My guys got shot through a building yesterday!
    One of the big ones that takes at least 2 turns to run around to the other side.
    The archers were on the opposite side of the building and they just fired straight through it as though it wasn’t there!

Does scenery just impede movement?

If so, there absolutely no point in playing any war band apart from riekland.
    studer1972 likes this.
  4. studer1972 Corporal

Message Count:
    I'm pretty sure it is just confirmation bias (you see what you want to see) but NPC Reiklanders do seem to be able to shoot through walls, never miss and get better damage than my own shooters. Elven Cloaks and Dodge skill don't seem to help much, either. OTOH, Reiklanders are "The Finest of Men" per Luthor Wolfenbaum from the original TT rules. ;-)

Haaaooouuuwww...