Bugged or Intended: Routing while at Full Wounds.

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Keovar, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    So I take enough damage to get below half of my wound capacity, but I use a healing herb and I have two more as backup. I get away from ranged attacks and am hidden to force the enemy to approach… and my character suddenly has a morale failure and runs away. Shouldn't we stop making these leadership checks when at full wounds, or is this working as intended? Could it be changed?
  2. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    I have run across this as well, the luck of the dice isn't always so lucky :(

It is almost like the intention is along the lines of: "Yes, I healed myself with some herbs, but those bad guys still hit really hard, so maybe we should rethink sticking around now that I am healthy enough to run away"

The counter to this might be for the Captain to take a shot of the Bugman's Beer, which gives and immunity to Fear.

I could be wrong, I haven't technically tried it
  3. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    I'm not sure either. I don't know that morale/leadership checks are considered a fear effect. I know that every time I've cast the Dread spell, it says "no effect", so it seems like everyone is chugging them.
    I'd also have to drink them preventively, because I don't think I can use both in a turn.
  4. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    I've done fairly well by keeping my Health Bar above half when I can... Each time I start to get close to half life for the team, I have a team member eat a medicine herb and keep the bar from ever reaching the mark where checks will get made as best I can
  5. Matex Private

Message Count:
    Pretty. Sure once you reach half regardless of whether you hema or not than you'll be performing leadership checks every turn. Would stop game from going forever. I assume some guys have enough money that they've bought everyone Max healing herbs. Also shouldn't the undead have something else that heals. Feels weird getting my vamp to eat healing herbs.
  6. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    Yes, I understand how it works. The question was if it should be working that way.
  7. Kendofarfar Private

Message Count:
    Seems a bit strange not to have a specific counter for Rout if this is intended
  8. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    I am guessing the intended countermeasures are (1) keep your health above the half way mark and (2) have a high enough leadership to pass the tests if you do fall below half way health