Building is now live!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Jemma, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Jemma Corporal

Message Count:
    Wahoo!!

The new building feature that I told you about last week has gone live today! Please feel free to check it out and test how it works etc. If you want to read more about buildings and defences, click here and check back every now and again in News and Announcements for any other updates.

We'd really love your feedback on it, so feel free to post any thoughts you have right here.

Thanks!

:cool:
    Gareth likes this.
  2. Zero_Harker Private

Message Count:
    I really like the level of interactivity it gives the player, means you have something else to spend resource on, you can either push out quickly from the centre or develop slower but have a way stronger foundation to fall back on. Also it's nice to see little buildings around the place though I'd really like it if they were in team colours, that would be a massive deal-breaker for me.
    Gareth and Jemma like this.
  3. Josh James

Message Count:
    Yeah colours on the buildings would be good! though i'm not a fan of the colours of the foundations for both the building and the soil, they feel a bit to out of place. Maybe the soil could match the ground, so like sand or dark dirt, and the building foundations could be less bright colours.

Also, maybe a way to convert original buildings into hazmat shelters (rather upgrading them) could be good.
    Jemma and Gareth like this.
  4. SteveGreen Private

Message Count:
    I'm loving the update so far, especially with the defensive buildings that you can produce! Faction colours would indeed be a nice addition to the system.

As Josh suggested, the actual tile graphics for foundations don't really look fitting, and the soil patches (correct me if I'm wrong) do not adapt to each individual map, so they look a little "odd", as demonstrated here:

http://i.imgur.com/cer64RH.png <-- looks a lot more natural, with it blending into the environment
    http://i.imgur.com/czX6t2q.png <-- doesn't really fit into the environment as much as the other does
    Jemma and Gareth like this.
  5. Gareth Corporal

Message Count:
    Hey, I am really enjoying the update so far and managed to burn around 63,000 resources into the new system. Here is my feedback from the first day of playing with the update.

I really like the system as it gives more goals to someone who has captured the whole map - I was beginning to get a little bored of just waiting for marauders/a person to attack me. It also makes defending an area more tactical and worth your own while. I like how you can enhance areas old areas as well and make places like Ground Zero, which is usually worth 1 support, be worth around 20 support. This will make PvP much more intense as people will throw more and better units in to capture and secure these areas.

However, one area you could improve is the build map. I don't think that the build map should be showed all of the time. During combat this can be a little distracting and looks slightly out of place. I think you should be able to toggle this map on and off so the battleground doesn't seem too cluttered during battle, but you know where to place buildings when you need it.

Also I find it a little disappointing that the solar farms only add to your total amount of energy, rather creating a back-log of excess power that can be added to your main stack when you are running a bit low. I find once you have captured all of the areas, you generally have more then enough power to defend and research/analyze upgrades.

Other than these small areas that in my opinion need improvement, this update has been really good and has added hours upon hours of more enjoyable content into the game, I am really looking forward to testing in the coming weeks.
    Jemma likes this.
  6. Matthew_Smith Private

Message Count:
    Major question that I have, HOW DO WE ACTUALLY BUILD STUFF?
    Or is that not quite implemented yet?
  7. Jemma Corporal

Message Count:
    To build stuff you have to take a scavenger to an empty or scavenged piece of terrain and depending on what was there before determines what you can build, for example, you can build defences on empty terrain (like walls and fences) and you can build farms etc on buildings/scrublands that have been previously harvested.

I think you also have to be at least 4 spaces in on the battlefield, so you can't build stuff right next to where you deploy your units.

Hope this helps!
  8. Matthew_Smith Private

Message Count:
    Ahhhh, thanks, I didn't know you needed to use scavengers.
    Thanks.
  9. Jemma Corporal

Message Count:
    No problem! Happy I could help!! :cool:
  10. SteveGreen Private

Message Count:
    A slight bug occurred while I was kind of testing around and seeing how much resources per day I could achieve, when I had built a couple farms (to the point I was receiving 1,600 resources a day) the harvester was still telling me I had something like 13+ hours to wait until I could collect the resources.

This is a problem because at 1,600 resources a day, I should be able to collect every 7.5 hours - the problem fixed itself after that initial waiting period, so it isn't a complete catastrophe; but I felt it was worth noting.

tl;dr - to receive the updated resource per day, the previous cycle has to complete before the new value per day is applied.
    Gareth and Ewan Lamont like this.
  11. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Heroic building there. No wonder you never seem short of resources!
    Gareth and SteveGreen like this.
  12. Gareth Corporal

Message Count:
    Yeh, I can confirm that this happens, it also happens to me. Should be taking 7 - 9 hours to fully harvest and instead it took 15 hours in till I finally managed to harvest it. After that cycle it worked fine, this has happened in two different territories!
    SteveGreen likes this.
  13. Gareth Corporal

Message Count:
    Just noticed, if you capture an area with any Hazmat Shelters built, it will still state that you have captured an area which is worth the default amount of support, rather then the upgraded amount of support really available for capturing the area. For example I captured a territory with 4 Hazmat Shelters built on it worth 10 support, but the message that popped up once I captured the territory said it was only worth 6 support. This has happened with multiple territories!
  14. Gavin Rummery
    Administrator

Message Count:
    The Hazmat Shelters and Bio Farms should now be taken into account when you get messages.

Also building Bio Farms will affect the harvest timer as expected.