Bunch of "how does it works?" Questions: turf and combat

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
I ain't seeing anything next to the rout ball!

I have seen some weird things that need clarification though?
Does quality of weapons affect hit chances? Because a lot of melee weapons don't show any visible differences between quality level.
Also how does reload work? I thought I knew but some weapons don't make sense: plentiful and scarce weapons have a reload value. And plasma don't have scarce but have reload 0?
You should see the stats improve on better quality items most items that were scarce on the TT have a reload of zero. Probably adding scarce as a trait as well was a confusing mistake in hindsight.

I can't see the power ratings next to the house symbols at the top. I checked play store and there doesn't seem to be any update available. I'm playing on an old android phone. Any suggestions??

Adam Smith

Lead Software Developer
Staff member
I can't see the power ratings next to the house symbols at the top. I checked play store and there doesn't seem to be any update available. I'm playing on an old android phone. Any suggestions??
It's a feature that is currently in beta. Should be available in the next update.

Chronos

Major
Every battle now should tell the power value of you vs your opponent at the top next to the rout ball. If the values are close and you felt one side did not stand a chance we'd like to know.
One question about power differences. Is there any other parameter that affect power difference apart from the squad power. For example, if my squad has a power of 1000, the rival gang will be chosen randomly from every created gang that has a power of, let's say, +-25% (that being from 750 to 1250)? or if you fulfill certain conditions (like let's say you have won last 10 battles or something like that) you are always matched against harder gangs?

I'm asking that cause from the recent update where the rival power is shown, I don't know if I've been very unlucky but all my rivals had aprox 25% more power than my squad. I've not recorded every value, but these are my last six fights (Previous ones, maybe another 6 or 7 were more or less the same):

225 vs 291
237 vs 306
120 vs 156
594 vs 768
990 vs 1266
81 vs 105

Not that I have problems fighting harder gangs, but I would like once in a while fighting a gang with less power than me or at least equal to mine. Is that possible? Can your squad be matched against a lower power gang?

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
If you are playing PvP there is a banding that you go in so you can meet higher and lower-powered warbands. If being matched with AI your recent win/loss ratio is taken into account to ensure games are always challenging. If you lose a couple of games in a row you should see the level of the opponents you are up against drop, a lot.

If you ever get matched up in games that are totally unwinnable we really want to know. The other thing we want to check is whether we have got the measurement of the values right so if you are regularly beaten by squads with the same weapon or skill it may be undervalued.

Chronos

Major
If being matched with AI your recent win/loss ratio is taken into account to ensure games are always challenging. If you lose a couple of games in a row you should see the level of the opponents you are up against drop, a lot.
I'm playing against the AI and that explains my matches. I asked if there was any other criteria, as it seemed a bit strange that I always matched against harder gangs, but knowing that the win/loss ratio is also taken into account the matches I'm getting make sense as I think I have very few lost missions.

As said, it is ok for me, as I don't feel I have any unwinnable matches. Anyways I wouldn't mind either that lets say one in 20 missions was against a lower power gang even if my win/loss ratio is high ;)

If you are playing PvP there is a banding that you go in so you can meet higher and lower-powered warbands. If being matched with AI your recent win/loss ratio is taken into account to ensure games are always challenging. If you lose a couple of games in a row you should see the level of the opponents you are up against drop, a lot.

If you ever get matched up in games that are totally unwinnable we really want to know. The other thing we want to check is whether we have got the measurement of the values right so if you are regularly beaten by squads with the same weapon or skill it may be undervalued.
The power level has been informative. & sometimes reassuring when you have a 3 person squad & you see 5 or 6 motion blips & you can reason that they're fairly minimally outfitted.
Screenshot_20211001-103016.png
I was cautious up against nearly 500 with my squad rated at less that 400, but keeping good lines of sight worked well.

I do have to question whether the additional melee attack & shock whip values (especially when it's weilded by Escher's is deadly, as they can run in, often take a shot from overwatch & still attack twice & typically take out a ganger in a single action).

SOB

Last edited: