Buying Fate with Gold

One very cool thing that could be done to reward players who are willing to grind through the game would be to allow them to purchase Fate Points with Gold. Having a connection between gold and fate would be great as it means that players who are willing to put in the time will be rewarded just as players are you purchase big bags of Fate.

Additionally there is discussion about ways to reward veteran players who log in every day. Why not just give them a random loot chest of items which could include among other rare weapons one to three points of Fate. It would make me happy.

- S

Salj

Major
If we were to buy fate id rather do it with something harder to collect like shards, Maybe 20 shards or something. But fate points are just there to get you to keep playing the same warband is is more than enough at starting, after all warbands live and die all the time.

That depends heavily on the value. Best case scenario its a 1-1 amount so you can get enough fate Tokens to heal your damage and hopefully have enough left over to actually purchase items.

Chaggins

Private
1-1 ration would make injuries irelavent and these boys need to make money to fund the game as well guys a free fate coins every few days as a log in bonus would be nice but any more and legendary games ain't going to make didddly out of this amazing game

Not really. Anyone who actually pays cash for fate Tokens would then basically have ALL THE GOLD. No injury would require gold so they have the best equipment. Isnt that sort of what its already like?

By the way, who is the highest ranking player that has never spent money on this game?

I would prefer fate points being earned as an achievments. Like 3+ kills, 5 battles won in row etc. I'd definitely separate money/income and esoteric stuff lol.

Salj

Major
Sure but that still makes a cap of how many you can get per warband, do fate points exist on tabletop? ( Just asking I'm more of a 40k guy here)

Chaggins

Private
Nah no such thing as fate points on table top tho there was community rules to visit a mad doc that would do back shed surgery on your wounded for a price tho the out come was a bit random . Allways funny when your captain died on the table

Actually surgeon table was published in the Town Cryer - but yes, even though my group allowed surgery I can't recall anyone visiting him hahaha.