Can we expect to get these, by any chance?

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by CzaRus, Jun 14, 2020.

1. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    Mainly speaking about head gear here. And mainly Marienburg and Witch Hunters.
    My.....issue? Is that both of these factions, being human, do not have access to some very basic level items, namely hats and helmets.
    Marienburgers themselves, being 3rd merc band still have the old gromril armour model (not that I hate it, it looks nice and nostalgic), but full plate and ithilmar look exactly the same, and that is a problem. And why can they not have access to kerchieves, flat and brimmed hats? It is a large trading city and both large water and ground communications center. Both seamen and travellers.

Also, Witch Hunters captain and henchmen can not equip most helmets (great helms, champion helms, visored helms, pot helms and some others). Why tho?

By any chance of adding something new, would you consider some kind of monk robes with hood and plague masks for Witch Hunters? And maybe scythes as weapons for....someone?
    studer1972 likes this.
  2. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count:
    3. gromil and ithilmar for cult of possesed , most faction have 8 armor base types+ hired sword armors(pit fighter and frelancer armors), 2 light , 2 medium 2 heavy and gromil , ithilmar , possesed heve 3 , light , medium heavy , that not fair

branding iron for with hunters (they could have it in tt in expanded rules ) would be nice fate cost item
    5. beastmen sword and axe are joke ,
  3. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    I suppose there are too many characters, items, spells even that are in nature of the word "joke" in a sence of being either totally useless or stupidly usefull. Looking at Freelancer, halberds, spears, Dread of Aramar, Ithilmar swords (both short and normal), most pets......
  4. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count:
    ithilmar sword are usefull , best parry and +initiative , good choices for range units
    studer1972 likes this.
  5. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    Marienburgers need an Agent armor customization option too so they can sport a peg leg.
    studer1972 and CzaRus like this.
  6. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    Yes, they are the 2nd category of stupidly usefull, for quite a low price they are no.1 and only for snipers, and when their concept falls apart logically. Free hand +5 ini, a lighweight item (apparently lighter than a dagger which is ridiculous) + 10 ini? Ok....
    But parrying with such light weapons should be extraordinarily hard at best. For comparisson, try static block with a light wooden stick against a heavier metal bar. Even if you manage to strike it aside (again, lighter blade = less power), you might find you wrist broken after a few attempts.
    I had a rant about it, here on forum.
    studer1972 likes this.
  7. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    The way I see it, it's not just the weapon, but the fighting style the hero chooses when using certain weapons. Ithilmar swords are used in a swashbuckling style, fast but not very furious (+ I and Parry). Big two handed axes have long handles that would help parrying blows, but a warrior with such a weapon is not fighting with a style that favors parrying : he's just focus on landing big blows (I penalty and Crit bonus).

These fighting styles would have been better as skills, but think of it as the extra bonuses heroes have when they acheive the proper Mastery skills.
    studer1972 likes this.
  8. studer1972 Corporal

Message Count:
    Real helmets for witch hunters! Aye!
    Chaos Pink and Slaanesh Purple added to available customization colors! Aye!