Can we get rid of one hit kill archers?

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Raptor, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Raptor Private

Message Count:
    Range is why archers/crossbowmen/musketeers CANNOT make one hit kills... Yet archers can still achieve 8 wounds per hit which would instakill even a maxed warrior with the wounds upgrade.

Can you for the sake of gamebalance make sure no ranged fighter will ever get 8 wounds on one hit.
  2. Perl Fisher Private

Message Count:
    Why shouldn’t you be able to kill a warrior with a single arrow/bolt/bullet? That’s how it works in the real world.

Also most factions get to buy the wounds upgrade three times which gives a max wound value of 12-14, depending on your starting value.
  3. Raptor Private

Message Count:
    Actually in the real world you need to be an insanely well equipped and highly trained individual to make a one shot kill.

In Mordheim tabletop it simply does not happen. Since this is an adaptation of Mordheim Tabletop I think it has no place here either. Gamebalance is best served with ranged units not being capable of one shot kills.
  4. Perl Fisher Private

Message Count:
    Well, “insanely well equipped” to achieve a one-hit-kill is a bit of an exaggeration: A real world hit from a medieval bullet, bolt or arrow to the upper torso or head will take you out of the fight, and likely also eventually kill you, unless you get medical attention. Actually warriors in Mordheim are quite sturdy, and most require at least 2-3 shots to take them out, even when unarmoured, as most shots only wound 3-4 depending on the weapon. Also as mentioned before, maxed out human warriors will have a wound value of 12-14.

I don’t know the tabletop version well enough to say if one-shot-kills occurs in it, but I know that the tabletop slings are quite unbalanced, making it very likely that a warrior with a sling can kill his opponent in a single turn.
  5. Frees Private

Message Count:
    In tabletop Mordheim almost any character can be killed with one shot. I played shadow warriors warband about ten campaigns and they are monsters with crossbows. Even vampire gone dead if my elves get an aim on him. Hochland long rifle is a killing machine anyway. But here, in the game, shooting is weaker than in the tabletop. I need about 12 shots from a hochland rifle at the armoured middenheimer to get him down. Armoured vampire is near invulnerable to my shots.