Changing Ranged Targets

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Brascus, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Brascus Corporal

Message Count:
    Does anyone know if you can switch between multiple targets when you marksmen have the option of a ranged attack? There are times where my Marksmen should be able to shoot one of several targets, but they simply snap to a default and I haven't found a way to cycle through targets.
  2. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    I think if there is another valid target, you can click directly on them, instead of just using the "shoot" button. I seem to remember I've done that before. A toggle of some sort to cycle through would be nice!
  3. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    It's probably already on the list, but I wanted to bump this, being rather enamored with ranged warbands. I believe the game automatically selects the closest unit, who may or may not be the best chance to hit, and may or may not be the most injured. Focusing fire to take down units is very important, and although you can somewhat position your units to make the closest target the one you want to hit, being able to cycle through would be super!

edit: forgot that in the tabletop, you must choose the closest non-stunned target, as they pose the most immediate threat! The exception to this is when you have the height advantage, so I'll modify my request:

Can we be able to choose targets when at height, and possibly have a to-hit bonus from height as well? (although we do currently get a height bonus of sorts as cover doesn't cover as much from above)