Cheating

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Jesse Shaffer, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Jesse Shaffer Corporal

Message Count:
    I hope it’s just my imagination but, over the last month, I could swear I’ve encountered multiple cheaters. The first was about a month ago in PVP when a Reiklander WALKED 12 squares across the board and killed three of my guys with one shot each. My entire warband was slaughtered to the last man by round 2. The next two just felt odd; as if the person was editing the game dynamicly (maybe by running it in a virtual machine). All moves took exactly 29 seconds too which was rather annoying.

The most recent battle was today against the AI. The captain of the opposing team had higher intuitive than my vampire. Hopefully I’m wrong but I didn’t think it was possible for Reiklanders to have an initiative of 76 or greater. I took a brief look at the game files today because of all this and the devs don’t seem do be doing anything lazy.
  2. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    I had an AI fight in which some Reiklanders crossed the entire map in one move, only stopped by a wall. I took one swing and his anti-charge melee attack did 22 wounds. At the time, I thought it was some spell buff I hadn't seen before, but maybe the original warband from which the AI copy came was someone that had edited their stats in some way. If I run across weirdness like that again, I'm probably just going to close the app.
  3. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    Wonder if some of these are tester/developer warbands? Perhaps they weren’t cleaned out in the beta version? I pvp a lot and never have come across any warband that can one shot you. I have however faced pvp opponents where each move took the entire 29 seconds like you mentioned above.
  4. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    No testing warbands should be on the release version. The warbands we create to test with only remain on the alpha and beta channels.

When you spot these warbands again if you can let us know of their name so we can do some investigation
    Keovar likes this.
  5. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    The one I ran into was a band of human mercs called 'Darkness'. They had a spellcaster and a few warriors with repeater pistols, but I'm not sure what their one-handed melee weapons were. They moved most of the way across the map in their first turn. I charged one which was a bit away from the others, and his charge-response swing did around 22 damage. At the time, I was in gromril plate and had all of the defensive skills available to a Middenheimer captain. Maybe their abilities were the effect of a spell, or maybe consumable items they were all using? I haven't used many of the various consumables besides healing herbs, but if that was the effect of one or more consumables, I wouldn't think an AI copy of a band should be allowed to use them since they wouldn't need to be replaced between matches.
  6. Jesse Shaffer Corporal

Message Count:
    Darkness was definitely the name of one of the warbands I played against in PVP a while back that I thought was cheating and I’m certain that they didn’t use consumables. Unfortunately, I can’t recall the names of the other warbands.
    Keovar likes this.
  7. Jesse Shaffer Corporal

Message Count:
    I spoke too soon. The AI just used the same warband that prompted me to start this thread. The warband’s name is “Ice Kossac.” The character in the screenshot below has the intuitive of a vampire.

Attached Files:

Keovar likes this.
  8. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    Damn autoincorrect?
  9. Jesse Shaffer Corporal

Message Count:
    D’Oh! That was supposed to be “initiative.” I looked up the prime minister of Libya yesterday and my autocorrect changed my search to the “prime minister of labia!” LOL
    Keovar likes this.
  10. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    Looking at that picture, I think I know what happened in regards to the initiative issue. Does your vampire have an initiative of 75? My guess is that one character has an initiative of 65 but is armed with an Ithlimar sword so it becomes 75. If both him and your vampire are at 75, it becomes random as to which one of you go first. In some rounds he would and in some you would. I believe it is a 50/50 chance reach round when initiative is a tie (devs please correct me if I'm wrong).
  11. Jesse Shaffer Corporal

Message Count:
    An ithlimar sword is great idea. None of my characters have ever used one so I didn’t think of it. At level 43, my vampire still has a few more points to go before maxing out his initiative. He was at 76 during my encounters with the AI copy of Ice Kossac.
  12. nahar Private

Message Count:
    I played against Ice Kossac and nothing strange occured. Basicly I swept them as I remeber. But I was some times ago so now maybe their stats are diffrent.
  13. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    Hmm if you were at 76 you should have gone first, you sure you weren’t at 71 during that time? Technically reiklanders can get up to 77 initiative without using Crimson Shade. Base 65 + 10 ithilmar sword plus they have a hat that gives them +2. Forgot what it’s called. But I know it wasn’t the hat he was wearing in the pic. But perhaps he was wearing a different hat when you fought him before.

Ithilmar is great for shooters but not good against high defense opponents.
  14. Jesse Shaffer Corporal

Message Count:
    From the beginning, I wanted to play this vampire like a skaven from hell (sneaking around and bunching up his attacks) so I deliberately raised his initiative to the minimum necessary as early in the life of the character as possible. I can safely assure you that he was a 76 long before I played against the AI copy the first time. I would honestly be happier if my suspicions were proven incorrect but, given the gear, racial maximum, and lack of consumables, I just don’t see how.