Controls for movement and camera

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Chris Jackson, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Rhys Private

Message Count:
    i like the controls and the way you pan about the map although it could be a little better by making it smoother, the double clicking is abit weird and i think it should be just click other than that good game :)
    Jess McCourt and BOAxDistractr like this.
  2. BOAxDistractr Private

Message Count:
    One issue that I have found with the controls for the game is that when attempting to pan around the world, I had to click multiple times in order to complete this task, along with this, the general movement seemed moderately laggy as I attempted to move troops I again had to click multiple times to get any response from the game. A possible improvement could be implementing other ways for the player to move the troops, for example giving the use of arrow keys to select movement locations.
    Rhys likes this.
  3. gamechamp1996 Private

Message Count:
    the camera movements in the game is good but can be annoying as you drag to move the camera around the battlefield and to rotate. the movement of the players is ok as you click them and move them but it would be nice to see the soldiers move as you move them, so finally i think better controls could be that you use the arrow keys for the camera as i believe in my opinion that this would benefit for there will be less messing about dragging around the mouse to move the camera.
  4. Jess McCourt Private

Message Count:
    I found the controls quite easy to grasp which made navigating the camera easy as well as moving the troops. The controls don't need improving in my opinion as I feel they work with the type of game.
  5. Ben Of The North Private

Message Count:
    The camera is a bit slow and the rotation is not always helpful to use, it would be nice if I could control the rotation myself like the camera movement.
  6. Oliver White Private

Message Count:
    Cameras and controls are ok just click and double clicking so nothing to complex. Cameras worked well just awkward at times when trying to navigate the map.
  7. Mr_Disappointment Private

Message Count:
    I feel the the controls are a bit slow and lack lustier. I really don't think the 3D version is necessary and more or less just hinders the game more. I found it difficult to move the troops to where I want them to be, this probably may be because I don't play these kind of games so these are all very new to me.
  8. Reece Private

Message Count:
    The controls for movement are not very effective in my opinion. I have clicked and move units by mistake due to moving the camera with the left mouse button. In my opinion, I think that it would be better if we were to use the arrow keys for camera movement as used in strategy games. It would make gameplay fluent and you would not move units or select unnecessary assets by mistake. I do, however, like how you zoom into the level by using the scroll button. It seems fluent and responsive.
    Umar likes this.
  9. Umar Private

Message Count:
    There is a camera bug, when moving around the level the animation of the flame on the barrel stops showing from certain distances, happens with every level with barrels with animated flames.
    Reece likes this.
  10. shane shepherd Private

Message Count:
    The controls are easy to use but they is not much shown to help you navigate the map and also when your in 3D you can not see where the enemy is shooting from, for example if they are shooting from forest terrain.
    The silent one likes this.
  11. Pearce Lewis Private

Message Count:
    Quite good, when panning it moves very smooth though when you do some of the textures tend to flicker. zooming in and out is good as well.
    it defiantly makes the game better, in 3D.
  12. Adam Foster Private

Message Count:
    I think the camera controls are easy to use, however, the sensitivity of the movement when right clicking and dragging the camera I tend to lose control of the camera.
  13. AdrianSeagrave Private

Message Count:
    I find the overall experience fun and enjoyable the controls are fine but the cameras sensitivity it to fast, that is the only issue i have so far
  14. The silent one Private

Message Count:
    i found the 3D version to be quite the improvement can be a bit laggy as to be expected has any one experience co-op on it yet?
  15. Ashley Winson Private

Message Count:
    Movement on the game is good but could use some more description on the energy and how how it's used and how to get it back. The camera is good but could also you some more instruction on how to use and also when you have your camera at a low level the camera can jump around and move to different hight levels when only using the LMB.
  16. connorvada Private

Message Count:
    Loading time to get on the 3D too long. When I did get on 3D camera is slow to move but the camera controls are ok to use.
  17. Finn Gaffan-Rigby Private

Message Count:
    3D cut the frame rate in half, game played MUCH slower after being put into 3D. Camera movement was also slowed in 3D mode
  18. Adam Scollick Private

Message Count:
    I prefer the controls using the mouse to rotate compared to the rotate buttons, it's a lot smoother to use but i seem to be bumping into the the surrounding area.
  19. The silent one Private

Message Count:
    does anyone else find the enemy harvester being op?
  20. Xenoblade Hero Private

Message Count:
    The controls could definitely be helped with keyboard control, this will allow the player to multitask and progress throughout the game quicker