Cult of the Possessed

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by studer1972, Nov 3, 2019.

1. studer1972 Private

Message Count:
    Thanks for the new warband, Legendary Staff. I have been looking forward to it for quite a while. I want to add to the wiki, but need to make sure I have good information before trying to add it.

1. The Magister looks to have the same stats as the Captains from the Mercenary faction warbands, but with Chaos magic and access to all skill categories except limited Shooting.
    Figure W M A WS BS S Def I Ld Crit Parry
    Magister 5 4 1 40* 40* 30 0 40* 73* 15 0
    Known Stats Increase Skills* : Weapon Skill 2/6, Ballistic Skill 2/6, Initiative 2/6, Leadership 2/5

2. The Brethren look like they have a similar stat block as Human Mercenary Warriors, and very limited access to Shooting and no access to Strength skills. This makes them slow if they wear armor.
    Figure W M A WS BS S Def I Ld
    Brethren 3-5 4 1 25-35 25-35 25-35 0 25-35 50-65

3. The Possessed, I assume there is no option to hire them for a cheaper price with Fate because they are a Henchman and not a Hired Sword, right? Looks like they can't use any equipment, making them a Super Ghoul.
    Figure W M A WS BS S Def I Ld
    Possessed 6-10 5 2 35-45 0 25-35 15 40-50 50-65
    -Another note: I ran into another Cult of the Possessed warband, the Cult of Ommm, who had Possessed models with a different body color than blue and a different hairstyle than the long beard and Mr T mohawk all the Possessed models I have seen so far. How? The color changes under Customise only affect the loincloth trim on the model, not the hair or skin.

4. Possession skills
    -Dark Pact: I advanced a brethren in this skill 3 or 4 times. The first few did nothing and the last one turned him into a Dark Soul, but I got to keep his equipment. What are the other possible outcomes? Other Cult of the Possessed players want to chime in with their observations?
    -Possessed: there are no Dependencies listed, but none of my figures can take this skills. What does it do and how can I take it?
  2. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    I’m just wondering if their robes & hood were intended to look like a KKK outfit?! That’s not just fantasy fiction evil, that’s real-world murderous evil.
  3. Bej Private

Message Count:
    Dark Pact does either of the following: nothing, turn the brethren into a dark soul, kill it(losing equipment) or turn it into a Possessed. Possessed get +1 to movement and attacks, +10 to wounds, weapon skill, strength and initiative. Also just spotted a Possessed in the coven. 1500 gold. 5 movement, 2 attacks,10 wounds 35 ws, 39 str, 35 initiative, 15 defense
    studer1972 likes this.
  4. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    Since both the original tabletop game and this game are from the UK, I’d imagine they’re more familiar with the dress of the Spanish penitent and other similar groups. And they’re not murderous in the slightest. Hail Chaos! 6D156BEB-22A2-459A-98B8-4C70A002596B.jpeg
    Ewan Lamont and studer1972 like this.
  5. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    2. I believe the max leadership is 63 like other humans. I've never seen higher on brethren.

3. The Blue possessed you saw was the one you can hire for 1500 gold. The max Ieadership I've seen on this hire is also 63.

4. For Dark Pact, its either nothing happens, you die, turn into a darksoul, or become a possessed. The Possessed skill is automatically acquired if you get the Possessed result from a Dark Pact attempt. At that point, the Dark Pact skill becomes locked.
    studer1972 likes this.
  6. studer1972 Private

Message Count:
    Keovar: the possessed Magisters in the tabletop game looked this way, as did the Redeemers from Necromunda, IIRC. The Skaven use a three legged swastika, fer Sigmar's sake.
  7. edward Major

Message Count:
    i've tried over 20 times to get a possessed, hiring level 1 brethren, train then attempt... not a single one. half darksouls, 1/4 dead and 1/4 nothing.

kind of infuriating I wish I knew what the chances were. overall not that impressed with the new faction so far, pity.
  8. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    I’ve lost about 30 brethren through the dark pact skill and not one of them turned possessed. Whatever the ratios are, they were obviously meant to steer us to the ridiculously overpriced hired sword. They don’t seem to be thought out particularly well either because the odds of not turning into a dark soul for eight consecutive turns is so close to zero that, at this point, it isn’t fun or reasonable to bother reviving them.
  9. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    WOOOOHHHOOOOOOO! Finally got one! It’s like the devs read my post! LOL

Possession finally occurred on the 5th attempt on the 31st brethren.
  10. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    The highest strength I’ve seen for a possessed in the coven is 44 which leads me to believe the max is 45. Regarding the possessed we make ourselves through the dark pact skill, it’s only +3 health rather than +10.