Demonstration that this game is not P2W

Shangular

Brigadier
Most mobile games today that are p2w center around a competitive PvP feature or a PVE feature that gives some OP item. In Mordheim obviously the latter doesn’t apply because any item can be obtained f2p. But since Sept, a formalized PvP leaderboard and prize was added which is great. But the greatest part is that you don’t need to spend thousands or even hundreds to win. Which is why again I keep saying that this game has one of the best pay systems on mobile today.

For Sep and Nov I was able to win the PvP events with a metabuild. Both warbands can easily be built by spending a very reasonable $25 or even less if youre willing to grind more. But for this month, I wanted to go a step further to show how you can win the PvP event with a practically F2p warband. My goal this month was to try to win with a warband under a 200 rating and following TT limits of one hired sword type and an elf ranger with no magic or black powder (true to TT). So far so good. Being at 199 I get tons of opponents (some days you just que and it quickly finds opponent after opponent) and this simple warband comprises of just a warlock, elf, and 2 Middenheimers is able to win a large majority of the time. All 1135 earned with NO private PvP.
37BF48AE-1CA4-4697-8863-B16ED33CAB81.jpeg
70F81BA6-458D-4B21-9422-CDC511D9ED7B.jpegAlso with all these games it’s been easy to farm gold without using university district. Would be really easily to buy tons of crimson shade or consumables in case there are players who feign ignorance on how to get a ton of consumables;)

My hope with this post is to show new players that you don’t need to spend hundreds to get a competitive warband and that you can win the PvP event with a simple to build warband. Hoping to encourage greater PvP participation. Imo this is a great mobile system.

Last edited:

Mork

Major
" of one hired sword type and an elf ranger " - but so you used two hired swords?

I also made the experience that you can have a lot of fun just at the beginning of the game with new warbands <200.
The games are going so extremely fast because of the smaller amount of warband members, that you earn shards faster than usual.
The only problem is to discipline yourself not to spend your tons of XPs in new or better skills... :cool:

Last edited:

Shangular

Brigadier
" of one hired sword type and an elf ranger " - but so you used two hired swords?
But one hired sword type per warband, like in TT. So i.e. you can't have 4 elf rangers. Only one of each type. This one warband I'm using follows the TT construct where I have 4 people (minimum is 3) and also my captain has dual pistols. In TT, most merc players will start their captain with a brace of duel pistols because it is one of the best weapons in TT. I thought of doing this as Marienburg to copy my TT warband, but decided to use Middenheim because I already used Marienburg back in Sept.

I also made the experience that you can have a lot of fun just at the beginning of the game with new warbands <200.
The games are going so extremely fast because of the smaller amount of warband members, that you earn shards faster than usual.
The only problem is to discipline yourself not to spend your tons of XPs in new or better skills... :cool:
I earn shards quicker because I'm finding opponents more easily. I think the majority of the player base is between 100 - 300 range.

Not hard at all. I've been doing the rating management game for the past several months to find PvP opponents so I'm used to it ;)

Shangular

Brigadier
Actually one opportunity for improvement with this PvP leaderboard set-up is to create different tiers so that developed and higher level warbands can participate. I know I've mentioned some suggestions in the past, but perhaps this one may be easier to implement programming wise.

We could do the usual bronze, silver, gold tiers, but that would be boring. So in honor of GW TT minis. Perhaps

Lead tier: Warbands under 1000 rating
Pewter tier: Warbands between 1000 - 3999
Resin tier: Warbands 4000 and over (4,000 used because that is the necessary rating to unlock the last map).

Obviously, the Lead tier would get the most games, but players who have warbands in the other tiers could also realistic compete against each other to win a prize.

Shangular

Brigadier
Those that have low rating impact:

1) Speed skill tree
2) Wounds
3) WS as long as you don't equip a weapon that increases strength and/or crit
4) Combat Master - 0 impact.
5) Shooting skill tree as long as you don't equip the sniper rifle
6) Spells low impact