Dices.

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Mendeleev, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Mendeleev Private

Message Count:
    This topic is maybe irrelevant, because I don't have access to the game and can just imagine how it is, but here is a small suggestion :

I think it could be a great idea to implement some kind of visuallisation for dices. In a video game, there is no dices, just math. But showing some dices rolling reduce the impression of "broken RNG".

It's a nice little touch to see some dices rolling and showing the result, you have less frustration than just a "MISS" on the screen and the exultation is real when you "roll a 6"
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

A nice idea! Although it would make a nice feature, the game does work quite well without having this functionality in. Of course if enough people asked for us to put this in the game though we'd work on something to see if it'd be possible. If you're interested in jumping in as a tester just drop me a message, you seem to be really interested in getting involved so! Let's get you set up.
  3. Mendeleev Private

Message Count:
    Not certain you'll have a lot of request for a dice visualisation, but IMHO that's a way to prevent futur complains (check out rogue factor forum and how many people complain about the RNG system). You're dealing with a big beloved license and it will attract a lot of people... and a lot of professional complainer so it can be worth ˆˆ

Thanks for letting me joining the testing crew, I'm over exited by your project ! :)
    OverWatch likes this.
  4. Azul Private

Message Count:
    Mendeleev, I think that is a great idea. I was a massive fan of Warhammer Quest, and the one thing that kind of dramatically reduced the experience and enjoyment for me (and a few friends) in the App version, was seeing not seeing the dice results. It was always a kind of cliff hanging experience viewing the result in any game.
    OverWatch likes this.
  5. Locan Private

Message Count:
    I like the idea of dice rolls. It would make it feel more like the TT game to me. Knowing there should be a dice roll and only seeing a number, if any result at all, has always been an issue for me with any TT game port to video game.
  6. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Interesting to see a few more people would like to see Dice in the game... I think a poll might be in order!
    Mendeleev likes this.
  7. NebuHSV Private

Message Count:
    I'm too a great fan of this idea. It could be an option though. 1)see the dice rolling 2)just see the result 3)no dice visible. I would choos 1) but if that isnt a big deal letting the user choos is always the best way imho
    OverWatch likes this.
  8. Trafalgar Law Private

Message Count:
    Good idea man!