Disconnecting wimps

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TheWizardWatley, Dec 10, 2017.

1. _Q_ Major

Message Count:
    I get that you can differentiate between a wifi-drop and a game quit, but my point is that a game quit isn't necessarily deliberate. I can't comment on how this works in PvP as it hasn't happened to me yet, but against the AI I have had App crashes and device crashes both of which cases have resulted in no shards, no xp and retained casualties.
  2. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:
    What if the opponent switches Airplane mode on? Isn’t that a loop hole?

For the record I don’t think there is a perfect answer. I haven’t been experiencing many disconnect problems, however after passing 1k in rating I’m having a lot less pairings.
  3. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    If you get a crash drop us a line we need to find and fix it.
  4. NgNg Major

Message Count:
    I have not had a crash since the earliest days of this game.
    I want to thank the devs for their continued efforts. They have continued to make the game better.
    TheWizardWatley and Ewan Lamont like this.
  5. _Q_ Major

Message Count:
    Pretty much every time I start the app I get to the "tap screen to start" screen, do so and the app crashes with an "unfortunately mordheim warband skirmish has stopped working" pop-up. 2nd, 3rd (or sometimes more) attempt it eventually kicks in.

Perhaps every 4th or 5th battle, without warning, my tablet crashes and auto-restarts. This never happens on any other app and only ever happens during a battle (not on the camp, shop or any other screen).

I play on a hudl2, so hardly top-of-the-range, but it copes fine with anything else I play on it. I've more or less quit playing PvP as I can't guarantee I won't crash and, whilst I have dropped a small amount of cash on the game to deal with injuries it's getting to the point it isn't worth it...too often I get the injuries without the xp/loot even though I might have been winning by a country mile at the point it crashes.
  6. _Q_ Major

Message Count:
    Another irritating crash just now, just as I was about to deliver the coup de grace to my opponent, having used mandrake, shade, powder, arrows - the works, and carefully hoovered up all the random loot on the battlefield. Luckily no casualties this time, but frustrating to lose all the xp and loot.

Is it just that my device can't handle the game or is there something else I could try to resolve the problem?
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  7. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    I've been getting crashes too. Wonder if it's the amount of work, or some bug. Luckily not on PvP.

I've had a few disconns still, even with the updated penalty for disconn. One gutless twerp, name not noted at the time so I've forgotten, baled on me after three turns, immediately after receiving his first OOA.

Would prefer to see a penalty for disconning along the lines of bans or total party kills. That'd learn the buggers.

Actually, I finished a PvP yesterday, which was a refreshing change. Got jumped by some poor sap with almost double my rating, I guess he thought he was going to get easy kills. It was a great battle, and old mate stuck with it to the grisly end, even if it was probably becoming clear he wasn't going to make victory.
    That probably makes about a handful of successfully completed PvP matches, all in all not a good sign when the number of disconnections is so high.

Watters
  8. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    FLAKY BISCUIT BOYS, I was having a great game, for seven turns we manoeuvred around each other, and you would have gotten underdog xp if you hadn't disconned. I hope for your sake it was a crash.