Discord for PvP

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by FlaminGallahs2089, Oct 6, 2018.

1. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    I just reading over the ogre posts again seeing if I could get more info on their max stats and noticed someone mentioning about the lack of PvP.

Personally I dont do it much as the Warbands that when I go into PvP are genrally way to high rated that i get matched with.

But maybe creating a discord or some other communication method would allow people who play quite often to still get in regular PvP games that are fair, even in higher levels.

I dont know how to set up a discord channel/ server but I thought this might be a quality suggestion. If someone would be willing to make a discord server I would happily join as I enjoy a fair PvP matchup.
  2. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
  3. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    Isn't that link above for testers only? What if you're not a tester?

At lower levels PVP seems fairly easy to get an opponent because most warbands are at that level. I think the biggest problem with PVP for high level warbands is that there simply aren't very many active high level warbands out there. That is evident in that in PVE, it shows the same ones over and over again.

I've used discord for other games in the past (MMOs) but am open to trying if anyone wants to set up a Mordheim discord channel for non-testers.

I think one way to increase PVP participation though is if a new currency could be created that can only be obtained through PVP and that currency can purchase exclusive items. Other games I've played do this where you have specific PVP armor or weapons that can only be earned through PVP matches.
  4. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    The discord channel has three locked chats for beta testers, and 2 unlocked social channels, one for general chat and one for media sharing. Also there is voice chat for pvp. They also used it to organize their one public tournament around christmas last year. So I assume that anyone can join.

but in fairness, it's not my channel, so maybe a Legendary Employee could weigh in on the matter?
  5. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:
    Everyone is very much free to join the Discord Channel!
  6. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Here is the invite link to the Discord - https://discord.gg/33xUZR6