Dramatas Personae etc.

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Diknek, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Diknek Private

Message Count:
    Will we see any interactions with famous characters while venturing through the city of the damned and if so in what capacity? Would it be a good idea to make them temporarily hireable?

I was also curious about special missions such as "Thing in the woods". It could be fun to randomly have a hostile third party preying on both war bands unexpectedly with extra rewards for eliminating the thing.
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    As of yet, we haven't got any famous characters in the game... But that may be something we implement if enough people like the idea! If there was to be any famous characters in the game, who would you like to see?

At the moment missions always change via the Town Cryer. But we're always open to suggestions and I do like the sound of "Thing in the woods", definitely sounds like it'd make for an interesting mission... And it might be nice to add "Special Missions" in every now and then to spice things up a bit.
  3. Diknek Private

Message Count:
    I'd imagine the more common famous character would suffice such as Aenur the sword of Twilight (I know alot of people love this one), Ulli and Marquand Volker, Johann the Knife, Veskit and maybe, but not necessarily Bertha Bestraufrung
    OverWatch likes this.
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Definitely something to consider... Could be pretty awesome to have them as hired swords at some point like you mentioned, but only make them hire-able for a certain amount of time.
    Diknek likes this.
  5. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    FWIW, Big Bertha was pretty fun as the sisters. In the TT, they were generally more sparse on units, and tended towards fewer and more tanky units (somewhat the foil of skaven, I suppose). The mechanic that they sometimes had Bertha Jorkins join the fray if they were the underdog made for some interesting meta (there's a bit of motivation to allow a bit lower warband rating - if you rolled Bertha, you were probably going to win that match, and still get the underdog bonuses).

Consider my vote to be heartily in favor of uniques, and hired swords both! I don't know how it would be best to balance it given the 8 unit warband cap. I think the TT did pretty well by using a required salary, and also a significant rating boost (meaning that you'd be forced to go up against significantly stronger opponents than you otherwise might).

Edit: As you mentioned overwatch, another potentially effective way to regulate hired swords could be to have them only on board for a limited time. You could hire them, but only for the next three matches or something, and then not for another 5 matches after that. Just spitballing numbers, but I could see something like that working.
    Ghoulsverne, Diknek and OverWatch like this.
  6. Diknek Private

Message Count:
    Indeed, limiting the time they could be hired for would be right in line with the table top. Also, greatly increasing the warbands rating is a solid balance. It would be cool to make them some what expensive to hire (some more than others) and a bit rare to come across. If i go up against Money Shot, it would be pretty awesome to have Aenur on my side.
    OverWatch likes this.
  7. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

If you go up against money shot, I expect a full battle report! ;);)
    Diknek likes this.
  8. Diknek Private

Message Count:
    It will probably be something like;

Moved forward, got shot in the face by a billion arrows.

Lost
  9. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Music to my ears :)

Also as a fun fact, since they can "only" shoot 16 arrows per round, it will take sixty two million five hundred thousand turns to fire off their billion arrows. Not going anywhere, I hope ;):D
    Brascus and Diknek like this.
  10. Diknek Private

Message Count:
    Should be a nice evening! :cool:
  11. Brascus Corporal

Message Count:
    Is it really necessary to do the math on this? Isn't this just like counting how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop made of murder?
    Diknek likes this.
  12. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Incidentally, "Tootsie pop made of murder" is my new Slayer cover band...

And yes, it's always necessary to do the math :p
    Diknek likes this.
  13. Diknek Private

Message Count:
    Morjax min/maxing his murder shuffle
    OverWatch likes this.
  14. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

:D