Dwarf Infiltate

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ggiersch, Jun 18, 2020.

1. ggiersch Private

Message Count:
    Hello all! I am currently running two dwarf warbands armed with pickaxes. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to infiltrate into enemy territory. Do they really have the ability to tunnel?
  2. Erkebrand Major

Message Count:
    Nope, if you have a pickeaxe equipped and the Miner skill unlocked they get a free turn before your opponent makes his first turn (You'll move on turn 0).
  3. ggiersch Private

Message Count:
    Is it me, or is this incredibly underwhelming? Is there a viable strategy with this at all? Even with a free move my dwarf war band is still chunked together. I must be missing something...
  4. Erkebrand Major

Message Count:
    Nope, you are right, actually it's a bit useless, and you need to be carrying a two handed weapon with no interesting stats on it. Do it have uses? Yes you can move before the enemy, but with their low movement is not much, you can try to get into cover with that first movement, but you are losing the option of carrying a shield, much more interesting for a dwarf than hiding. Skavens can move 6 instead of 3 and get this option without needing to wield a "not so useful weapon". Some of us ask for just a guy with Miner skill to give the bonus to the rest of the band, but the dwarven movement could still be low to give a pickeaxe to one of them, with 8-10 squares should be nice.
  5. Skrit9 Private

Message Count:
    I think an 8-10 movement without having to equip everyone would be huge! I would be willing to equip one guy with the pick and specialize him to it if it meant we could actually compete in specific scenarios.