Dwarf Ranger!

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
DWARF-RANGER.PNG

It is the Rangers who explore hidden valleys, push through collapsed sections of the Underway and scale the cliffsides in search of new pathways.

The Dwarf Ranger is available as a Hiredsword in Mordheim. (Possessed, Undead & Skaven are unable to hire).

Battling beats and tracking enemies, the Dwarf Rangers patrol the wilderness signalling out danger with their long-ranged eyes and ears.

Download the update on Browser, Android and Apple.

- Socials -
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Discord Server

Found a bug? Report it here - https://forms.gle/MXi6SAt1jfxuq9rQ6

Shangular

Brigadier
Nice, appreciate that new additions continue to be developed for this game. A couple things I noticed about the dwarf ranger though, is why doesn't he have access to the Ambush and Hidden skills? It seems like those would make sense for any ranger class. Also it may be cool to give him that Infiltration skill that Skaven have as it could also make sense given his description above " It is the Rangers who explore hidden valleys, push through collapsed sections of the Underway and scale the cliffsides in search of new pathways. "

Blackstaff

Corporal
A ranger without Ambush... I'd love to see why these are special, aside from replacing the Elf Ranger option for dwarf warbands. Higher BS, maybe?

Perl Fisher

Corporal
I have hired two Dwarf Rangers, but the 3D rendering of them suffers several problems, one of which is really severe:
When I removed their armour in camp, they turned invisible! And you could neither select them, nor others in the warband in the camp scene, so you could not re-equip the armour and correct the problem.
I tried to go on a mission with that warband, but then the app froze while displaying the “loading” sign.
And when I now load the warband, it displays the after-action sequence which shows how much XP each fighter earned, but that crashes the app, when it tries to display the first “invisible” ranger.

Thus I’m now locked out of playing the warband, since the app crashes during the after-action-sequence every time I load it ;-(

Also when I had earlier equipped them with other headgear (thunderer hat and flat hat) than their hoods, the headgear was placed so low on the ranger’s head, that only his now bald head was visible with the headgear poking out a bit around the edges. With a kettle helm, it looked like the ranger was wearing black blinds, that wrapped around his head. But the best one, was when the ranger wore a troopers helmet: He had kohl around the eyes, a skull stamped on the forehead, and feathers sticking out like an amerind warrior.

It was a bit silly, but at least you could still play, unlike when I removed his armour.

Last edited:

Perl Fisher

Corporal
I hired a dwarf ranger in another warband, and equipped him a trooper helmet, so he looked like a bald amerindian. In this warband, the ranger also turns invisible, when you remove his armour. He’s a master of camouflage - Now you see him, now you don’t :cool:

CBEFC89E-2C20-4C8E-A7EF-792205B9F2BE.jpeg727E4AC5-737E-4814-A715-11E44085994A.jpeg

Last edited:

Mork

Major
Also with the last "bug-fix" - update none of the former problems like stucking at doors or getting shot through walls were solved...
Also that again and again an opponent disconnection will not be detected seems to be impossible to fix...
I don't understand why Legendary introduces even more new features like Hired Swords when the well known old problems can't be solved.

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
I have hired two Dwarf Rangers, but the 3D rendering of them suffers several problems, one of which is really severe:
When I removed their armour in camp, they turned invisible! And you could neither select them, nor others in the warband in the camp scene, so you could not re-equip the armour and correct the problem.
I tried to go on a mission with that warband, but then the app froze while displaying the “loading” sign.
And when I now load the warband, it displays the after-action sequence which shows how much XP each fighter earned, but that crashes the app, when it tries to display the first “invisible” ranger.

Thus I’m now locked out of playing the warband, since the app crashes during the after-action-sequence every time I load it ;-(

Also when I had earlier equipped them with other headgear (thunderer hat and flat hat) than their hoods, the headgear was placed so low on the ranger’s head, that only his now bald head was visible with the headgear poking out a bit around the edges. With a kettle helm, it looked like the ranger was wearing black blinds, that wrapped around his head. But the best one, was when the ranger wore a troopers helmet: He had kohl around the eyes, a skull stamped on the forehead, and feathers sticking out like an amerind warrior.

It was a bit silly, but at least you could still play, unlike when I removed his armour.
The team have fixed this issue and a fix is on the way.

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Also with the last "bug-fix" - update none of the former problems like stucking at doors or getting shot through walls were solved...
Also that again and again an opponent disconnection will not be detected seems to be impossible to fix...
I don't understand why Legendary introduces even more new features like Hired Swords when the well known old problems can't be solved.
Would you be able to explain the "getting stuck at the door" issue a little more, please?
Which maps and where within them does shooting through walls occur? (any screenshots would help us massively).
The team are still looking into the opponent disconnection issue.

Sorry for the delay in these and thanks for your patience.

Mork

Major
Ah, but the "shot through walls bug" is a well known long time bug. It happens on all maps.
Again it was discussed in the threat "Questions and quibbles" as point 14. on Oct 17, 2020.

The same goes for the "getting stuck at the door" issue. I even remember it having been listed in the description of one of your former updates where this issue was listed as "improved".
It happens on maps of the University type when one shall go through a door but instead he is running from the left door frame to the right and back again, sometimes for minutes, desperately searching for the hole in the wall...
You are getting quite dizzy by watching it. o_O

Last edited:

studer1972

Corporal
Thanks for the new content, but enough with the Dwarfs already, where are Da Boyz? What is a warhammer game without greenskins?

Gungasoid

Private
I was super excited about the Dwarf Ranger. Went to tavern and one was there, I was reminded I was at full party size. I went and dismissed one of my warband. Went back to the tavern he was gone. Over the next few days I went thru between 50-60 coins refreshing the tavern. Not only did a Dwarf not show up, but nothing but basic warriors and marksman populate. I really want one and do not see how nothing special would show up in all those refreshes.

Gungasoid

Private
Did you kick out 1 guy or everyone except the captain?
One guy to make room for a new guy. Dwarf was there before I made room. Then once there was room nothing special has shown( no halflings, ogres, mages, gladiators, and no dwarfs...nothing but warriors and marksmen).

CzaRus

Major
One guy to make room for a new guy. Dwarf was there before I made room. Then once there was room nothing special has shown( no halflings, ogres, mages, gladiators, and no dwarfs...nothing but warriors and marksmen).
A bug then. The game forces you to go for hired swords after you exceed 4 members including captain. Idk how but you apperently bugged the game somehow...

Mork

Major
Best, you report that issue to Prabdeep. If it's a bug, I am sure that Legendary will refund your coins.