Dwarf Treasure Hunters!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prabdeep Bazaz, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Rexall Private

Message Count:
    Why not 1 dwarf and 2 warlocks at the lowest possible warband rating to maximize gold sharding, the name of the game is to get as much shards as fast as you can, and the enemy's are easier and faster to kill
  2. Jesse Shaffer Brigadier

Message Count:
    In my specific case, science! I wanted to tryout one smart idea and two dumb ones. The 1st thing was enough dwarves to form a charging shield wall. The 2nd (and knowingly foolish) thing was creating a melee focused dwarf scout and the 3rd (also foolish) thing was adding a slayer before I felt the group was ready.

At the time, my average dwarf's initiative was negative so a dwarf with 41 after his first battle seemed like it might work for at least a little while. Nope! Every single opponent he faced, including the AI, saw what I was doing with him and went out of their way to kill him first. I switched him to ranged next and, while that was much easier, it still wasn't worth the hassle since it's only delaying the inevitable. He did look pretty cool though.

As for the slayer, he's finally home and the more melee focused the dwarves the more useful he becomes (and the faster he levels). Even then, the skill most players should probably give him first is Extra Tough. Levels 1 through 10 would have gone by much faster had I waited to add him last.

Dwarven Scout.jpeg
  3. Rexall Private

Message Count:
    Still 1 dwarf captain and 2 warlocks at the lowest possible warband rating, Would prove to be not only faster but better overall.
  4. Jesse Shaffer Brigadier

Message Count:
    Fun and experimentation aside, is that mathematically optimal though? For example, wouldn't one captain and four warlocks be better?
  5. Rexall Private

Message Count:
    Probably not your warband rating will go up by a huge margin, to the point where it becomes slower, it's better to stick with 3 minimum.
  6. Jesse Shaffer Brigadier

Message Count:
    Warlocks contribute very little compared to their effectiveness though. Four warlocks wielding Fires of U'Zhul and Flight of Zimmeran are absolutely devastating at ratings under 1000 and remain good beyond that too. While each new member reduces the value of every shard, they also increase the total number of shards. Since I don't know the actual percentage increase offered by Wyrdstone Hunter, I've never tried to calculate what truly optimal is but suspect four dwarves and four warlocks is very close. I just don't relish the idea of spending real money on that many disposable units. But I'd spend twice that on kazads that fit!
  7. Rexall Private

Message Count:
    You don't even need to spend real money for that, Just farm gold and buy fate through temple for 100 gold a pop its %50 chance for 1 fate

But ya 4 warlocks + 4 dwarfs I might try that
  8. Jesse Shaffer Brigadier

Message Count:
    I believe the chance of earning fate is closer to 10%. Still, it’s a valid strategy for those with hoards of gold in other warbands. I just don’t have the time or temperament for it. If I have to farm for gold to farm for fate to buy the things I need to farm for more gold, I’m just going to close the app and get back to work.
  9. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    No I’ve been working on a full warband. I’ve been using the double Xp blessing to speed up levelling and hold off on levelling until I accumulate a bunch of skill points. Only at 1300-1600 depending if I use sniper rifles or not. But I love these guys. Very fun to play. My ogre isn’t used as a tank ;)
    2D6F3EFA-A575-485F-A05E-A9E55EE2A8F9.jpeg
  10. Rexall Private

Message Count:
    How many shards you getting per game?
  11. Rexall Private

Message Count:
    How much shards you geting per game aswell?
  12. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    I get seven in most scenarios. All dwarves and warlock have the shard finder skills
  13. Jesse Shaffer Brigadier

Message Count:
    I never really paid attention honestly. Sometimes 11, sometimes 0, but enough to earn a suit of ithilmar and 4 and 2/3 suits of gromril in a reasonable amount of time. I paid 2 fate to make up the difference on the 5th suit and bought my 6th for 1 fate. I didn’t know I could do that! Had I known, I would have bought all of them that way. lol

783F7172-893F-4F3B-BCD8-BD46CD27FF23.jpeg
  14. Blackstaff Corporal

Message Count:
    I figure something's on the way, but I'd love to see some different faction icons on these guys, such as ale tankards and axes (even better, axes embedded in the skulls of greenskins, though that icon might be hard to pull off, hehe).

Also, a more dwarven looking great axe would be cool, shorter in the haft but with a more kazad style head, same stats as the Ostlander great axe (or come down to +20 Str and give it a 5% parry to better reflect how dwarves use big axes).
  15. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    What are you talking about, I've got an awesme faction icon ;)

Screenshot_20200506-094850 (1).png
  16. Jesse Shaffer Brigadier

Message Count:
    I gotta say, this is some shoddy rigging. They used to care/understand what wrists were for. What changed? Perhaps they’re outsourcing because it honestly seems like they don’t know what they’re doing here.

Pardon the odd sizing. I did this on my phone.

8086ABA8-BE4B-4467-9C6F-C7ABF4F48547.jpeg E5EE76A2-1847-4F12-8B6C-97C9048B2A3E.jpeg 0415E962-AD55-4FA9-965F-0E6D86481249.jpeg
  17. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    Yeah, I mentioned it in beta, and that perhaps it would be less visible if the armoured dwarfs wore dark gloves.
  18. Jesse Shaffer Brigadier

Message Count:
    In testing, did you get a chance to notice if chemical engineer is working? I realize that it isn’t possible for any individual tester to encounter everything but thought I’d ask. I’ve done side by side comparisons using virtually identical units were one had the skill and the other didn’t and there was no discernible difference. Today I did the same thing with two completely identical units where neither had the skill but one had consumed superior black powder from their inventory and there was an obvious difference in power.
  19. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    Wow you are detail oriented lol! I mean that as a compliment. I didn't even notice those graphic issues with the wrist until you pointed them out. You're right, doesn't look the work of dwarven craftsmanship. Obviously this graphic work was done by no dwarf and was outsourced to humans.
  20. Rexall Private

Message Count:
    I think dwarfs might be the best melee factions because of the innate +15 to defense and just being able to just be immune to stun all the time without skipping a turn,

And on top of that having your mercs have 45 Weapon Skill, I dont think any other faction can have 45 to Weapon skill like the dwarfs can.